• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities - RWC 2019

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EEzMtBeUYAArh6o.jpg:large

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's a very, very talented team. I think los pumas will run away with it. They'll relish playing against a non RC team and the French coach hasn't got a clue.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's a very, very talented team. I think los pumas will run away with it. They'll relish playing against a non RC team and the French coach hasn't got a clue.

France are slight favourites for this ($1.75 vs $2.05) so there is value there if you are so sure about the Pumas.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am awful on the punt, so will probably stay away. Who's your pick?

I've had a dabble on Argentina because I like that price. I think the odds are pretty close though. This French side has some exciting players and they almost always play well at RWCs.

Likewise though, the Pumas go well at RWCs and have named a very strong team. Hopefully they haven't forgotten how to win though! Their victory against us just over a year ago on the Gold Coast is the last time they've won.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I've had a dabble on Argentina because I like that price. I think the odds are pretty close though. This French side has some exciting players and they almost always play well at RWCs.

Likewise though, the Pumas go well at RWCs and have named a very strong team. Hopefully they haven't forgotten how to win though! Their victory against us just over a year ago on the Gold Coast is the last time they've won.

Jeez, that's a long time between drinks. I was just thinking that they've just lost to some top tier opposition recently by only a handful of points. Whereas France has only beaten Scotland and Italy of late.

Though the French did pip the Argentines in Argentina last year. I reckon the cohesion and all that from the Jaguares will come good. Don't know if they can maintain it because they've all played a lot of rugby, but for the first game of the RWC, I think they'll be on song. Maybe I will have a punt.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jeez, that's a long time between drinks. I was just thinking that they've just lost to some top tier opposition recently by only a handful of points. Whereas France has only beaten Scotland and Italy of late.

Though the French did pip the Argentines in Argentina last year. I reckon the cohesion and all that from the Jaguares will come good. Don't know if they can maintain it because they've all played a lot of rugby, but for the first game of the RWC, I think they'll be on song. Maybe I will have a punt.
The Boks battled to beat France on their EOY tour, but then the Boks also lost to Argentina last year.

I just think this Argentina side have been knackered for a while now. I don't know how much they have in them now.

The Frenchies went with some youthful selections.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Tight 5 aren't up to scratch. France will win I think.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
There's some rough draws out here, pretty rough on Russia who have to play the hosts on Friday night, then Samoa (for their first game), four days later on the Tuesday. Samoa will be energised and completely mince them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Duncan Taylor, 12 Sam Johnson, 11 Sean Maitland, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw, 8 Ryan Wilson, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 John Barclay, 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Grant Gilchrist, 3 Willem Nel, 2 Stuart McInally (c), 1 Allan Dell. Replacements: 16 Fraser Brown, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Scott Cummings, 20 Blade Thomson, 21 Ali Price, 22 Chris Harris, 23 Darcy Graham

Ireland: 15 Jordan Larmour, 14 Andrew Conway, 13 Garry Ringrose, 12 Bundee Aki, 11 Jacob Stockdale, 10 Jonathan Sexton, 9 Conor Murray, 8 CJ Stander, 7 Josh van der Flier, 6 Peter O’Mahony, 5 James Ryan, 4 Iain Henderson, 3 Tadhg Furlong, 2 Rory Best (c), 1 Cian Heal. Replacements: 16 Niall Scannell, 17 Dave Kilcoyne, 18 Andrew Porter, 19 Tadhg Beirne, 20 Jack Conan, 21 Luke McGrath, 22 Jack Carty, 23 Chris Farrell

Date: Sunday, September 22
Venue: International Stadium, Yokohama
Kick-off: 16:45 local (07:45 GMT)
Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
Assistant Referees: Pascal Gaüzère (France), Alexandre Ruiz (France)
TMO: Graham Hughes (England)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Italy: 15 Jayden Hayward, 14 Mattia Bellini, 13 Tommaso Benvenuti, 12 Luca Morisi, 11 Edoardo Padovani, 10 Tommaso Allan, 9 Tito Tebaldi, 8 Sergio Parisse (c), 7 Maxime Mbandà, 6 Braam Steyn, 5 Federico Ruzza, 4 Alessandro Zanni, 3 Tiziano Pasquali, 2 Luca Bigi, 1 Nicola Quaglio. Replacements: 16 Oliviero Fabiani, 17 Simone Ferrari, 18 Marco Riccioni, 19 Dean Budd, 20 Jake Polledri, 21 Guglielmo Palazzani, 22 Carlo Canna, 23 Matteo Minozzi

Namibia: 15 Johan Tromp, 14 Chad Plato, 13 Justin Newman, 12 Darryl De La Harpe, 11 JC Greyling, 10 Cliven Loubser, 9 Damian Stevens, 8 Janco Venter, 7 Wian Conradie, 6 Rohan Kitshoff, 5 Tjiuee Uanivi (c), 4 PJ Van Lill, 3 Johannes Coetzee, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 Andre Rademeye. Replacements: 16 Louis van der Westhuizen, 17 AJ De Klerk, 18 Nelius Theron, 19 Johan Retief, 20 Max Katjijeko, 21 Eugene Jantjies, 22 Helarius Axasman Kisting, 23 Lesley Klim

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
View attachment 11041 England wheeling out the big guns.

Tonga: 15 David Halaifonua, 14 Atieli Pakalani, 13 Siale Piutau (c), 12 Cooper Vuna, 11 Viliami Lolohea, 10 Kurt Morath, 9 Sonatane Takulua, 8 Maama Vaipulu, 7 Zane Kapeli, 6 Sione Kalamafoni, 5 Halaleva Fifita, 4 Sam Lousi, 3 Ben Tameifuna, 2 Sosefo Sakalia, 1 Siegfried ‘Fisiihoi. Replacements: 16 Siua Maile, 17 Latu Talakai, 18 Ma’afu Fia, 19 Dan Faleafa, 20 Nasi Manu, 21 Leon Fukofuka, 22 James Faiva, 23 Nafi Tu’itavake

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
ffs, Georgia. I thought these guys were supposed to be knocking on the 6N door? This mob couldnt even find the fucken 20 nations door.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
So far what i've learned from the Georgians, they hit hard occasionally and can also scrummage. The end.