• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Week 1 Other Games match thread

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
If you can't find a match thread for the game you want to talk about this is the place to come! Or you can start a thread, the choice is yours.
Please remember not to cross-post results from games with threads in here or results from in here to games with threads for 24 hours. Some fans can't watch games live and it will spoil the results for them.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
First try of the Rugby world cup goes to the Russian winger! Bad mistake from Japan!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Russia have turned up, that's for sure. Whether it continues into the 2nd half is another matter.

I can understand why Japan didn't choose Ireland, but I would have thought a game v Scotland would have been a great opener. Wanted to be assured of a win in front of the home crowd maybe.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
EE5yofJU4AAIYFr.jpg

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Aye I just started watching, was there any opening ceremony of note I should watch? Or was it all business as usual.