• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D: Wallabies v Fiji, Sat 21st September, 2.45pm AEST, Sapporo Dome

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
5 different people laughed at his post, including you.

Please block me, and I will do the same.

Cheers.

I laughed at his post? How did I register the laughing? So you think agreeing or disagreeing with a post warrants branding a whole group of supporters as a toxic virus? That's interesting.
Unfortunately, I don't get to block posters. I have to read all the shit.

B

Bobby Sands

I laughed at his post? How did I register the laughing? So you think agreeing or disagreeing with a post warrants branding a whole group of supporters as a toxic virus? That's interesting.
Unfortunately, I don't get to block posters. I have to read all the shit.

Sorry to hear that bud, I am sure you have more pressing matters to attend to.

Thoughts & prayers.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
5 different people laughed at his post, including you.

Please block me, and I will do the same.

Cheers.

Mate, there's a group of passionate supporters on here who have been around for a LONG time, yeah sure we often disagree on shit, sometimes it's parochial, but we all understand each other and we keep it civil. We regularly have digs at each other but when we wake up the next day the sun is shining and we just get on with it. It never gets nasty and we'd like to keep it that way.

B

Bobby Sands

Mate, there's a group of passionate supporters on here who have been around for a LONG time, yeah sure we often disagree on shit, sometimes it's parochial, but we all understand each other and we keep it civil. We regularly have digs at each other but when we wake up the next day the sun is shining and we just get on with it. It never gets nasty and we'd like to keep it that way.

Absolutely, I agree in totality.

But I think laughing at another poster in groups, and dismissing his very considered argument is not civil at all.

I don't really have a dog in the fight, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK so much titchy around here there must be a RWC happening.

I’m pretty happy with the selections and note I might not have been pre selection panel. We don’t see what these guys see, and we don’t know the selection strategy (rotation, different emphasis on different opposition etc).

Really keen for kick off.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

But I think laughing at another poster in groups, and dismissing his very considered argument is not civil at all.

I can see that it might look that way, but we’ve all been laughing at each other for quite a while around here and don’t take it personally. BR sets himself up for some good arrows now and again, that post was a case in point. But he would have known it was coming, it’s all good.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

You still have not pointed out where I laughed at his post. In fact I didn't even respond to his post. Or to others quoting it. Or replying to it. So please, explain the hypocrisy or shut the fuck up.

B

Bobby Sands

You still have not pointed out where I laughed at his post. In fact I didn't even respond to his post. Or to others quoting it. Or replying to it. So please, explain the hypocrisy or shut the fuck up.

Haha do as I say, not as I do.

If you were not one of the 5 or so that piled in then I apologise Cycopath.

But please, show a little bit of decorum.

B

Bobby Sands

I can see that it might look that way, but we’ve all been laughing at each other for quite a while around here and don’t take it personally. BR sets himself up for some good arrows now and again, that post was a case in point. But he would have known it was coming, it’s all good.

If I have got it wrong, I put my hand up, but I have seen that type of Tah-centric mentality on here for a long time.

Even as recently as "Foley isn't worldclass but he is the best we have, so we should not consider anyone else."

I think all of this pent up tension is a good indicator that Wallaby fans on here and elsewhere are engaged and dialled in this for this World Cup.

Lets go Wobs.

B

Bobby Sands

Same old Tranquility. Hard for you to admit you were wrong.

I think your handle should be closer to narcisscyclist as it was never about you mate, you made it about yourself.

Been outpointing you for a long while though, so happy for you to keep having a go.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
If I have got it wrong, I put my hand up, but I have seen that type of Tah-centric mentality on here for a long time.

Even has recently as "Foley isn't worldclass but he is the best we have, so we should not consider anyone else."

I think all of this pent up tension is a good indicator that Wallaby fans on here and elsewhere are engaged and dialled in this for this World Cup.

Lets go Wobs.
I agree with most of this post except for the second sentence. ‘Tah-centric mentals’ or not, to my knowledge no one ever said that. What people were saying was, until Lilo stepped up a few months ago, that there weren’t any other viable options at 10. Beale had failed, so had To'omua. It wasn’t just Tahs supporters saying this, it was a vast majority but of course there were dissenters. Most of the opposition to this fact was from the Quade Brigade. It’s a lot different to what you were inferring though.

But yeah, it’s the World Cup, bring it on!

B

Bobby Sands

I agree with most of this post except for the second sentence. ‘Tah-centric mentals’ or not, to my knowledge no one ever said that. What people were saying was, until Lilo stepped up a few months ago, that there weren’t any other viable options at 10. Beale had failed, so had To'omua. It wasn’t just Tahs supporters saying this, it was a vast majority but of course there were dissenters. Most of the opposition to this fact was from the Quade Brigade. It’s a lot different to what you were inferring though.

The Wallabies had to bring in a selection panel so that the selections weren't so Tah-Centric!!

Anyway, Richmond just won, so I am off to have a few beers.

Good night gents.

B

Bobby Sands

Obviously my own cognitive biases makes my perceptions (as a non-Tah) of the Tah commentary seem more lop-sided than it is!

So I take that into account, but also the parochialism of the individual unions and then the fact that we need to come together makes this sport very unique and special to be a dyed in the wool supporter.

Appreciate your measured notes, enjoy your day tomorrow.

B

Bobby Sands

Just wow. I'm pretty sure it wasn't because of being "Tah-centric"

What happened after the selection panel came in?

Why do you think they insisted Cheik couldnt pick the team on his own anymore?

Read the tea leaves.. gotta go boys, my uber is here.

xx