• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NZ Domestic Competitions 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I think NZR have quietly outlawed them, how else do you explain how in 60+ Super Rugby & 70+ M10 matches last year a grand total of ZERO were kicked?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Always said provincial rugby was my favourite level of rugby.

I have to say I love it too zer0, and by geez that game shows why. Manawatu just decided they were going to win it, and f*** me some of those tackles were just absolute determination!! Loved it!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez missed the game WOB, was in city having quiet beer with Nephew up from Melbourne (Horowhenua College Old boy he is) would think Hawkes bay would be pretty happy!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ defo the team to beat if you want to be playing Prem next year. Battle of the Bays next week probably the strongest test they'll get from a fellow-Championship team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good day at the office for mighty 'nua, not so much for FGirl's Clippers:

Heartland Week 5

Thames Valley 29 (Laulea Mau, Jason Laurich, Kieran Lee, Matty Axtens tries; Reece Broughton 3 con, pen) Wairarapa Bush 23 (Tristan Flutey, Logan Flutey tries; Tipene Haira con; Tim Priest con, 3 pen).

Wanganui 67 (Vereniki Tikoisolomone 2, Tyler Rogers-Holden 4, Ezra Meleisea Raymond Salu 2, Jamie Hughes, Samu Kubunavanua tries; Dane Whale 3 con; Nick Harding 3 con) East Coast 24 (Scorers not provided). HT:

West Coast 18 (Troy Tauwhare, Tumama Tu'ulua tries; Sean McClure con, 2 pen) North Otago 17 (Lachlan Kingan, Patrick Pati, Tana Tamou tries; Robbie Smith con). HT: 12-12

King Country 19 (Lisoni Tuivanavou, Ratu Vasaki tries; penalty try; Evan Reihana con) Horowhenua Kapiti 35 (Jono Ihaka 2, Himiona Henara 2, Pita Marshall tries; Henare con, 2 pen; Pakai Turia con). HT: 12-20

Poverty Bay 52 (Ken Houkamau, Andrew Tauatevalu 3, Rikki Terekia, Toru Noanoa 2, Quade Tapsell tries; Tauatevalu 5 con; Kelvin Smith con) Mid Canterbury 38 (John McAtamney, Jon Dampney, Will Mackenzie, Matt Groom tries; penalty try; Corey McKay 4 con, pen). HT: 19-24

South Canterbury 38 (Shane Anderson, Brad Tunnicliffe 2, Willie Wright, Zac Saunders 2 tries; Willie Wright 4 con) Buller 27 (Jareth Mackay, Petaia Saukuru, Michael Wells, Mitieli Kaloudigibeci, Robbie Malneek tries; James Lash con ).

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rugby/news/article.cfm?c_id=80&objectid=12269867

IMG_0894.JPG

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
zer0 probably blissfully unaware that there was Rugby Union Football being played in his neck of the woods today, what with him having no interest in mere Provincial Rugby Union Football..........

Wellington 34 (Peter Umaga-Jensen, Billy Proctor 2, Mateaki Kafatolu tries, Jackson Garden-Bachop 3 con, 2 pen) Auckland 15 (Leni Apisai, Jonathan Ruru tries, Harry Plummer con, pen).
HT: 14-15

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-semifinal-with-comfortable-win-over-auckland

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AB having a wee rest between matches but there's the Battle of the Bays & a Ranfurly Shield challenge to look forward to:

IMG_0895.PNG

On paper you'd expect Waikato to take the Shield with some ease but there's something about that Log o' Wood that makes "on paper" meaningless.

If 'nua are to defend the Meads Cup they've absolutely gotta beat Poverty Bay in Waikanae, and if FGirl's Clippers are going to be in the mix for a Cup a win v Buller in Westport is probably a must as well.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It looks a good weekend WOB, and after Southland breaking their 3 year drought, guess we won't know what will happen this weekend!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ spark's RWC coverage is allegedly fixed so nothing on FTA (& TBF the only game I'm remotely interested in is Straya v Wails) so, yeah, M10 will defo be the go in my house this weekend. I may even PM our mate zer0 to alert him to the fact that there's a game of Rugby Union Football being played Friday night :).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
F*** me Auckland are poor sometimes. And I can see why Squire made himself unavailable for the ABs, he doesn't look interested does he? And as for that useless piece of shit Akira, he seems to be determined to make all his fanbois look complete idiots, he seems to be intent in proving more and more what proper rugby people have said about him , he has got no interest in doing any work, or actually putting any effort in, I wondering if he got some problems too! It really has got me stumped what the problem is in Auckland, I know it a bit of a shithole of a city, but surely it not getting into players heads that much!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It looks a good weekend WOB, and after Southland breaking their 3 year drought, guess we won't know what will happen this weekend!!

Yeah if you'd told me Mako were gunna put 40 on the Aucks while holding them to nil, & the BoP v HBay HT score would be 31-0 I'd have thought you'd gone mad.

EDIT: Magpies much better in second half but still looking at the wrong end of a 20-point margin. Might be their wake-up call after cruising for most of the season.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
It really has got me stumped what the problem is in Auckland, I know it a bit of a shithole of a city, but surely it not getting into players heads that much!

If you maintain any consistency, then I dread to think what you must make of Wellington.

And why is anyone still surprised that Tasman's de facto Super Rugby squad is annihilating everyone? Their average score this season is 37-10. They've only conceded double digit points three times in eight matches. They've only twice failed to score more than 25 points a game. It's a procession that makes the 2015 RWC look like a contest.