• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Wales - Sunday 29 September 2019 @ 5.45pm

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Why?

He had some shit kicks, does that kill a 10 performance? Generally his performance was on par with the rest of the starting crew, I can't hold him responsible on his own.

I did definitely like both White and To'omua.

Not the same thing though.

Not only did he have shit kicks, he had shit passes (4 I believe), dropped ball, a poor attempt at goal, no threat at all in attack - besides the cross field kick.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I thought Hooper had a cracking game and captained the side well. I doubt Richie McCall could have turned that ref around. Not sure about the make up of our back row.. Did Pocock get a turn over at the breakdown??

Don't think Poey got a turnover - Actually I don't think either team had a turnover from a fetcher?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I unfortunately can't pause it any closer to when Will just moved the ball. But, most Ref's would say that the ball is only now just being capable of being shat on by a bird, so it's in play.

Davis is a clear metre in front of everyone else, plus the last feet..

Genia still shouln't have been doing his stupid step-pass in that moment.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Did everyone enjoy The Romain Poite Symphony of FFS in WFT Major?

Welcome+to+the+Party+Pal.gif

An artistic flourish here, a time lapse space continuum decision conjured up from minutes ago there, a deal 'ere, a deal there, we have a deal, deals for everyone.

Then, for intermissionne, a 15-minute United Nations Power Summit with Michael Hooper, blissfully ignoring the fuck out of an entire stadium of people staring at you wondering what the HELL is taking so long down there.

And the piece de resistance, letting the last 8 minutes wind down on one 6-minute scrum and some croutons of wft liberally embellished around the playing canvas I mean field.

Someone should smash this guy in the head with a fucking gong.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought Hooper had a cracking game and captained the side well. I doubt Richie McCall could have turned that ref around. Not sure about the make up of our back row.. Did Pocock get a turn over at the breakdown??
Sin bin, Skellet. It’s McCaw, not McCall.

Agree with the rest though. Start a proper 6 and ignite with Poey later on.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Poey was granite for us. Secured rucks, carried strongly, DIDN'T.FUCK.UP. Hoops was also fantastic.

It's one thing to push for more dynamic runners, but when they're being picked up and mauled then it makes me a lot more comfortable when Hockock is trucking it up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Wales play an absolute tire of a game exemplifies by their 20 second drop goal.

But that's rugby now, and why no watches it.

Wales play very solid rugby. They took their opportunities well. They will wear most teams down. I also think a few teams might learn a bit from watching that game, insofar as how they might be beaten. But they are not mugs.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I really enjoyed watching Foley Fail.
Especially when the iceman hooked a Basic goal kick that could have levelled the score at 80mins

Just rubbish, show some class or go elsewhere FP

drewprint

Colin Windon (37)
I have lots and lots of thoughts about this game. Kerevi and his insane penalty. Our slow start which let Wales set the tempo. Our utter dominance from about the 25 minute mark on. Our lack of composure in the final 10 minutes where we moved away from our dominant running game.

But one particular thing I’d like to mention: I saw a quick shot of Foley on the bench after being hooked and he looked shattered. Tears in his eyes. I really worry that his confidence is genuinely shot.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wales play very solid rugby. They took their opportunities well. They will wear most teams down. I also think a few teams might learn a bit from watching that game, insofar as how they might be beaten. But they are not mugs.

The thing about playing solid rugby is that it makes you vulnerable against teams that are ranked a long way below you. Wales weren't convincing in the six nations against Italy or France. And in this heat, I really can't envisage a scenario in which Bridge, Savea, Barrett, and co. don't absolute cut them to ribbons in the last 20.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Did everyone enjoy The Romain Poite Symphony of FFS in WFT Major?

Welcome+to+the+Party+Pal.gif

An artistic flourish here, a time lapse space continuum decision conjured up from minutes ago there, a deal 'ere, a deal there, we have a deal, deals for everyone.

Then, for intermissionne, a 15-minute United Nations Power Summit with Michael Hooper, blissfully ignoring the fuck out of an entire stadium of people staring at you wondering what the HELL is taking so long down there.

And the piece de resistance, letting the last 8 minutes wind down on one 6-minute scrum and some croutons of wft liberally embellished around the playing canvas I mean field.

Someone should smash this guy in the head with a fucking gong.

Far more eloquent than I could ever imagine. And I fully concur! Clouseau personified!