• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies v Georgia, Friday 11th October, 9.15pm ADST

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So could we viably end up with 4 centres on the field in:

10. To'omua
12. Kerevi
13. JOC (James O'Connor)
14. Petaia

Would be interesting to see. I'm not sold on 11. Koro 14. Petaia & 15. DHP.. Only one boot between them.

Can Petaia not kick? Thought he played a bit of fullback in schoolboy rugby, surely he would be alright with the boot?

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Can Petaia not kick? Thought he played a bit of fullback in schoolboy rugby, surely he would be alright with the boot?

He certainly hasn't used it too much at soup / NRC given he's been mainly used in the centres. Would be a pleasant surprise if he did!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Devastating schoolboy rugby fullback who pretty much ran everything back.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'd like to see Tupou at 3 against the strong Georgian scrum. Give him 60mins and rest AAA with Kepu off the bench. It will give hims some confidence for the big game/s.

I'd also rest Hooper. He's been outstanding but I want him fresh and firing for the Poms.

Dempsey at 6 to see if he can recapture the form of 2 years ago.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Given his scrum issues this year, not sure Georgia would be my first choice game for TT. Having said that, were the Georgians resting players against Fiji? The Fijian scrum seemed to deal with them relatively easily. Is it still the threat it's perceived as?

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
I'd like to see is run out our best team in an effort to get some kind of cohesion happening.

It's our last chance before the quarters.

I think we'll find that this has been the coaching group's plan all along.

We've got to throw everything at the soap dodgers, and we need the combinations firing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EGUwUaBU8AEIKYK.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting to know whether LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is being rested or whether he's a chance to miss out on the quarter final entirely.

Seems clear that Ala'alatoa is being rested and will start next week.

Hodge would be the only other player outside the 23 likely to come in for the quarter final. It is surely a risk that he will be a bit rusty after not playing for 4 weeks.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I like the fact that we are continually changing our 10. It's a good thing we have played three different people there in four games. I'm sure the selectors have a firm idea of what they want in this crucial position as we head to the elimination games.

Surely. Surely....... surely?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Interesting to know whether LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is being rested or whether he's a chance to miss out on the quarter final entirely.

Seems clear that Ala'alatoa is being rested and will start next week.

Hodge would be the only other player outside the 23 likely to come in for the quarter final. It is surely a risk that he will be a bit rusty after not playing for 4 weeks.

I think he'll be "ok" - won't be totally match fit, but from I understand he's been training with the squad so surely the rust can't have started to set in yet.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I like the fact that we are continually changing our 10. It's a good thing we have played three different people there in four games. I'm sure the selectors have a firm idea of what they want in this crucial position as we head to the elimination games.

Surely. Surely... surely?

Imagine how hard it is for Eddie Jones! We have him right where we want him - bamboozled by the Cheika rope-a-dope.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he'll be "ok" - won't be totally match fit, but from I understand he's been training with the squad so surely the rust can't have started to set in yet.

The fact he's not injured and has been able to train fully over that time makes it less of an issue than coming back from an injury.

It's still a long time to go without playing a game to be returning at a really crucial time. If it's a close run thing it could certainly tilt things in Petaia's direction of starting in a quarter final (if he has a strong outing against Georgia).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The fact he's not injured and has been able to train fully over that time makes it less of an issue than coming back from an injury.

It's still a long time to go without playing a game to be returning at a really crucial time. If it's a close run thing it could certainly tilt things in Petaia's direction of starting in a quarter final (if he has a strong outing against Georgia).
Probably have to go a little longer than 40.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Surely. Surely... surely?

Our form 10 needs "managing", our back up 10 is out of form so we go for plan "c"

Just be thankful that plan "D" Beale or plan "E" JOC (James O'Connor) haven't been dragged out

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
What's the go with naming the team a full day earlier than required? It's way too useful for us in the fantasy comp, maybe Cheik has a team in the comp too?