• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
460008.jpg

molman

Peter Johnson (47)

Don't know Reg, what's Thorns path looking like so far for the Reds . . . limited coaching experience, did good in 2017 NRC with QLDC (with a pretty good squad), and then lets be honest all downhill since . . .

This year will be telling, especially with some real expeience in the squad and some years under the belt for the younger lads.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't know Reg, what's Thorns path looking like so far for the Reds . limited coaching experience, did good in 2017 NRC with QLDC (with a pretty good squad), and then lets be honest all downhill since .

This year will be telling, especially with some real expeience in the squad and some years under the belt for the younger lads.

this is the Waratah thread. Please keep on topic

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Thats a fair signing, was a little concerned with how Talakai performed on the weekend for NSW Country, was subbed off before halftime because the scrum was back-peddling. Was up against Gav Luka, who isn't a renowned scrummager.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Thats a fair signing, was a little concerned with how Talakai performed on the weekend for NSW Country, was subbed off before halftime because the scrum was back-peddling. Was up against Gav Luka, who isn't a renowned
scrummager.
I thought he was on the TH side, so against Hoopert. Robertson was the LHP. Either way the scrum improved when he was replaced

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Still think THP is a spot to get a foreign marque. Faulkner is not Kepu, and neither are Robertson or HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on that level as THP. Some concerning downgrades across the park which will make for an even leaner season. I wouldn't be in a hurry to lose Hunt or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) if I was them.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Still think THP is a spot to get a foreign marque. Faulkner is not Kepu, and neither are Robertson or HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on that level as THP. Some concerning downgrades across the park which will make for an even leaner season. I wouldn't be in a hurry to lose Hunt or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) if I was them.

Tahs are still negotiating with Hunt

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

It's a bit unclear now given the Rebels signed Frank Lomani but the concept of foreign marquee players was removed a couple of seasons ago.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What are peoples thoughts? I haven't watched enough Easts games to know how he goes. Has seemed ok in NRC for Sydney. Scored a couple of tries if I remember rightly.

Seems like a solid option for 2020 to back up Hooper. I wouldn't expect him in the matchday 23 every week like Miller though. Should be a good stepping stone until Carlo Tizzano is more ready for Super Rugby a year later.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
It's a bit unclear now given the Rebels signed Frank Lomani but the concept of foreign marquee players was removed a couple of seasons ago.

I didn't know they'd changed the concept of foreign marquee players. Are there any new guidelines on how many foreign players in Super? I remember there being some ho-ha about Cheika blocking two Fijians getting signed last season.