• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies v Georgia, Friday 11th October, 9.15pm ADST

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Hopefully the Wallabies aren't going to try and start with playing out wide and passing game in these conditions.

Hardly making any ground trying to go through the forwards against this Georgian side. So far, only Arnold, Rodda, Pocock, White and To'omua showing any form at all.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I don't it was too bad. Georgia playing well. We obviously are playing pretty one-dimensional but that's likely the game-plan given the wet weather conditions and there is not point bring out are best attacking structures when we already qualified for the quarter. We are likley keeping cards close to out chests... hopefully
We hit JP off the 10 twice off lineout ball. Fair to say we’re not doing anything expansive.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Georgians have been good. Forcing the WBs to play their game.

We are not fast enough clearing the ruck. Also not making use of the space for our forward pods at the edge of the rucks.

Could ramp up in the second.

What is the tackle count?

125-23 or so.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Bit hard for Kerevi to do much when he’s sitting on the right side of the field and MT can’t pass that way

Come on, let's be realistic. Complaints that To'omua can't pass from the right and then complaints that Kerevi is missing out because he's on the RHS which would require a left to right pass by To'omua. No consistency here. Maybe a closer look would see that it is actually JOC (James O'Connor) who is taking most of the first ball on the LHS. Any distribution problems down the left side should be sheeted home to him, perhaps.

Googy Harrison at half time really talking up the influence of Matty To'omua on the backline. Have to say I placed a world of extra credibility in his comments than those from a few biased posters here.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Not really unexpected first half given the Wallabies normal game plan and the weather. Would like to see To'omua use Kerevi a bit more instead of himself and look for quicker second phase ball. His kicking has been very good though - if only a Cheika would let him use his short kicks a bit in general play, maybe Georgia’s defence line would actually be a bit more spread. Whilst it’s quite dour at least the Wallabies appear to be showing some patience. Disappointed we still struggle to get our tackles down though.

Rodda & Arnold have been good. Hopefully the game will open up in the second half and Dempsey will come into his own.

B

Bobby Sands

This is not even partisan, but David must start at 7. Anything else is criminal.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty pathetic half.
forwards providing no go forward, 2 turnovers from the kickoff, backs have barely seen the ball outside of To'omua. Complete lack of creativity in attack, no one is running angles or inside lines. Just shovelling the ball to the outside man everytime
I’d say most of that is by design

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Come on, let's be realistic. Complaints that To'omua can't pass from the right and then complaints that Kerevi is missing out because he's on the RHS which would require a left to right pass by To'omua. No consistency here. Maybe a closer look would see that it is actually JOC (James O'Connor) who is taking most of the first ball on the LHS. Any distribution problems down the left side should be sheeted home to him, perhaps.

Googy Harrison at half time really talking up the influence of Matty To'omua on the backline. Have to say I placed a world of extra credibility in his comments than those from a few biased posters here.
Who said he can’t pass from the right? He struggles left to right.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Hmm not so sure about that, theres half a doze forwards floating around that inside centre channel. I think I've seen Kepu and Sio take more balls at 12 from To'omua then JOC (James O'Connor) or Kerevi have. Wallabies are playing with the pods sitting wide off the 5/8, its absolutely dire but seems to be the Wallabies wet weather game plan

B

Bobby Sands

The Wallabies forward cleanout blindlessly at all times, they never know where the ball is.