• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NRC Round 7: Fiji Drua v QLD Country

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yikes, this is a very handy looking Fiji team.

Tough one for QLD

Fiji Drua

1. Joeli Veitayaki
2. Tevita Ikanivere
3. Penijamini Makutu
4. Tevita Naqali
5. Peni Naulago
6. Filimoni Seru
7. Johnny Dyer
8. Eremasi Radrodro
9. Peni Matawalu
10. Enele Malele
11. Levani Kurimudu
12. Seru Vularika
13. Cyril Reece
14. Jiuta Wainiqolo
15. Apisalome Waqatabu

Reserves ;

16. Ratunaisa Navuma
17. Timoci Sauvoli
18. Jone Koroi
19. Epeli Radaniva
20. Rusiate Nasove
21. Caleb Muntz
22. Poasa Waqanibau
23.Samisoni Viriviri

QLD Country:

1. Jethro Felemi - GPS*
2. Bronson Fotuali'i-Tauakipulu - Wests
3. Gavin Luka - Bond University/Gold Coast
4. Angus Blyth - Bond University/Gold Coast
5. Harry Hockings - University of Queensland/Bowen
6. Angus Scott-Young (C) - University of Queensland
7. Connor Pritchard - Bond University/Gold Coast
8. Harry Wilson - Brothers/Esk
9. Tate McDermott - University of Queensland/Sunshine Coast
10. Rohan Saifoloi - Brothers
11. Joey Fittock - Bond University/Gold Coast
12. Hamish Stewart - Bond University/Toowoomba
13. Dan Boardman - Bond University/Gold Coast
14. Filipo Daugunu - Wests
15. Jock Campbell - University of Queensland/Gold Coast

Reserves

16. Matt Faessler - Brothers/Toowoomba
17. George Francis - Easts
18. Carter Ozanne - Easts
19. Jeremiah Lynch - Wests/Rockhampton
20. Liam Wright - Easts
21. Reuben Wall – Brothers
22. Patrick James – Brothers
23. Tom Lucas - Sunnybank/Rockhampton

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Harry Wilson, although shining very brightly at the U20s, has been a relatively unknown star of the NRC. Not many unknowns in this squad who impressed more than they would have been expected. ??

B

Bobby Sands

Harry Wilson, although shining very brightly at the U20s, has been a relatively unknown star of the NRC. Not many unknowns in this squad who impressed more than they would have been expected. ??

Pritchard, Boardman, Stewart, Fittock, Gordon have all been pretty good.

Wilson has been outstanding.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Great to see Wright finally playing. I hope he gets some decent time on the park.

Yeah Bobby I agree Boardman, Fittock have impressed, I think Saifoloi has been solid with some good and some not so good performances, I think he has more potential. Some of those games the pigs haven't turned up so not surprising really. But I agree Carter is another level up.

I like Matty Faessler, he is a hard nut who gets stuck in. Not sure if he is in the Dev squad for next year but I hope so.

B

Bobby Sands

Great to see Wright finally playing. I hope he gets some decent time on the park.

Yeah Bobby I agree Boardman, Fittock have impressed, I think Saifoloi has been solid with some good and some not so good performances, I think he has more potential. Some of those games the pigs haven't turned up so not surprising really. But I agree Carter is another level up.

I like Matty Faessler, he is a hard nut who gets stuck in. Not sure if he is in the Dev squad for next year but I hope so.

Absolutely, I forgot about him. He has a big future.

Downlands/TGS lad, but he plays with and is good mates with McReight, Wilson, Wood etc at Brothers. We could do alot worse than to sign him.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
I feel like if we nullify Dyer we are a serious chance. Spent most of the week on protecting against offloads, just need to take our chances. We're playing for 3rd place and a trip to Canberra here.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I feel like if we nullify Dyer we are a serious chance. Spent most of the week on protecting against offloads, just need to take our chances. We're playing for 3rd place and a trip to Canberra here.

Well that should be a definite disincentive if the remarks on this site by posters from elsewhere are any guide.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Sensitive? Nah. Canberra gets a lot of bad press both on this site and generally. But it has many redeeming features which give it a flavour of a larger city without the obvious downsides of trying to live in a place as big as Sydney or Melbourne.

Apart from the cafes you rightly refer to, there are arguably some of the best craft breweries in the country while the number and variety of wineries within 15 - 20 minutes drive is just world class. Then, there is the weather. ;):(

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Rather go to Perth for a GF than a semi tbh

Just over a minute for Dyer to get his first pilfer.

B

Bobby Sands

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is ordinary will ball in hand, but god damn he is a good defender, and for that matter cleaner at the rucks.