• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Japan vs Scotland

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
What an amazing game. Well done to the Scots for getting back into the game and putting on such a great spectacle.

What I wouldn't give to have some of that Japanese skill in the current wallabies. Both wingers superb, there forwards passing game, both centres solid all round games, their bench making impact (how good was the blonde prop), and the little half-back who gives such quick and clean service.

Honorable mention to the Scottish 7 too, he was superb.

I know they talk about the Japs lacking physicality but I big to differ now. There game is still based on skill but they got some pretty damn physical players too. Reminds me of the golden wallabies years.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well bugger me what a game, sat here absolutely loving every minute, and thinking this is why I love this game so much!! Precision and absolute speed are the ways you would describe the Japanese, just a joy to watch!!
Actually finished off great Sunday of sport, after the disappointment of games being cancelled on weekend, Sunday involved watching Bathurst on and off ( and a lot on) and while not a big car fan was stoked to see MacClachlan win it in the Mustang, watched the kiwi girls win the Netball with Mrs Dan54, (and what a bloody good game that was), then finish it off with an incredible game, very good Sunday!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
interesting that winger Lemeki dropped out of XXIII altogether in favour of the fairly shaky Tupou at FB. wouldve thought top lineup to be:

11 Fukuoka
14 Lemeki
15: Matsushima

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I reckon the crowd made for the full experience. It was deafening on the screen; can't imagine the pulse of being in the ground. Imagine being a neutral and scoring a random ticket to that match?!

I can't think of too many other matches I've seen with such passion and volume from the stands. RWC final in 03?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I should also point out, like others, that the refereeing was first class tonight.

nah, only 11 penalties for a whole game ! thats not rugby. where were the endless scrum resets, the pedantry, the pointless interjections from the TMO, the cards !!! where were the cards !!! i remember a time when you couldn't go 5 minutes without a stoppage for a "chek, chek", ah those were the days. BOK - a f'n disgrace he even allowed turnovers at the breakdown and as for Marius Jonker he needs to be sent to the Ben Skeen school for recalcitrant TMO's. World Rugby surely has to do something about this, I bet they don't get another gig this world cup.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon the crowd made for the full experience. It was deafening on the screen; can't imagine the pulse of being in the ground. Imagine being a neutral and scoring a random ticket to that match?!

I can't think of too many other matches I've seen with such passion and volume from the stands. RWC final in 03?
Great game which only finished watching this morning (and ensuring did not go near any news sites to ensure did not know the result).

Leitchs comments in post match comments that representing Asia and tier 2 appropriate. Twiggy, Super Rugby and World Rugby - lets work out how to get Japan and others into a meaningful competition involving other tier 1 Southern Hemisphere nations. Oh thats right NH scuppered plans for World League (big mistake) so what is our plan B?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
nah, only 11 penalties for a whole game ! thats not rugby. where were the endless scrum resets, the pedantry, the pointless interjections from the TMO, the cards !!! where were the cards !!! i remember a time when you couldn't go 5 minutes without a stoppage for a "chek, chek", ah those were the days. BOK - a f'n disgrace he even allowed turnovers at the breakdown and as for Marius Jonker he needs to be sent to the Ben Skeen school for recalcitrant TMO's. World Rugby surely has to do something about this, I bet they don't get another gig this world cup.

Comment made by Kafer that we criticise referees poor performances but don't praise good performances. The ref's for this game deserve full credit for helping to make this a great match