• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I've seen a few people post similar remarks re Kerevi but I can't see him changing his instinctive playing style in the space of a week. He's had so much success with it at Soup level and still makes ground running it hard and straight at international level.

Over the space of a season I could see him become a better passer but to ask him to change that tactic now is asking too much. For that reason I would have -

10. CLL
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani

And Kerevi coming on to finish.

It isn't a big stretch to have a player (Kerevi) take contact and then look for offloads. The side should be coached to run support lines accordingly. E.g. Kerevi tackled by Farrell but offloads to Petaia. Petaia immediately tackled by Underhill and Vinipola but slips an offload to Hooper or DHP in support. Into the backfield.
Or; Kerevi as decoy on an unders line, ball straight to JOC (James O'Connor) who runs/kicks/passes.
Looking for offloads is a game philosophy; Ie do we play with minimal risk ( take contact and go to ground ) or try and create some momentum by risking dropped ball / intercepts / turnovers.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Can everybody please start praying to whatever higher power you believe in that the rain pulls up for this game. The current weather forecast shows that the worst of the rain will be pulling up on Saturday with only possible showers on Saturday night.

I don't think we can in this if it's bucketing down for 80 minutes.

1. Oita Stadium has a roof - thank God!
2. Nigel Owens is the ref - good but would prefer Barnes
3. I leave tomorrow - yippee

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Haven had a crack at a team in a while. I reckon:

1. Sio
2. Latu
3. AAA
4. Arnold
5. Rodda
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani

9. White
10. Lilo
11. MK
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Hodge
15 DHP

16. Slipper
17. Fainga'a
18.Tupou
19. Simmons
20. Pocock
21. Genia
22. To'omua
23. Petaia

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

1. Sio
2. Latu
3. AAA
4. Arnold
5. Rodda
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani

9. White
10. Lilo
11. MK
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Hodge
15 DHP

16. Slipper
17. Fainga'a
18.Tupou
18. Simmons
19. Pocock
20. Genia
21. To'omua
22. Petaia

Running without a 23 on the assumption we get the inevitable red card?

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)

1. Sio
2. Latu
3. AAA
4. Arnold
5. Rodda
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani

9. White
10. Lilo
11. MK
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Hodge
15 DHP

16. Slipper
17. Fainga'a
18.Tupou
18. Simmons
19. Pocock
20. Genia
21. To'omua
22. Petaia

I'm a little concerned about Hodge going straight back in, considering how fragile his form tends to be. I'd start Petaia at 14 to add a bit of unpredictability and speed, with O'Connor on the bench at 23.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So, Koroibete is a lock for one wing. Leaving:
- DHP
- Hodge
- Petaia
- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

DHP, I really hope not. Been awful on the wing. Start him at 15 with Beale as a supersub.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), not as farfetched as I hope. He started on the wing in Hodge's absence against Wales. But he'll get cut up by May & Watson if he starts. Don't do it Cheiks.

Then there's Petaia and Hodge who are most likely. Hodge seems to have his nose in front, but surely what Petaia loses in experience he makes up for in game readiness. Hodge hasn't played in a month and will be hella rusty.

Petaia must start, get it done boy.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Graces and Skeen

World Rugby must really hate us.
9E5145C1-04F7-4F14-90D3-B9568AF47594.png

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
This is not good. I'd probably look at Pocock off the bench with a French ref.

Ben O'Keefe should be reffing a final, he did well in the Japan Scotland game.

How does Skeen still have a job? Hopefully we trained with 14 men as no doubt there will be some cards going around