• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Until Naisarani can start taking a catch in the lineout I don’t think he should start, against Georgia he fumbled 3 of the 4 throws that went to him, he might be tall but he lacks the technique to effectively jump in the lineout, and it’s compromising the attacking platform provided from lineouts on Australia throw.

Some on here have argued he jumped for the Brumbies 12-18 months ago so it wasn’t an issue, but the evidence is now clear and I don’t think he will pick skill set up in the week off.

Adam, seems many here don't see what we do.

I don't mind Naisarani being considered in the back row, but to explain this because he gives an extra line out target - well that is less than proven.

I have no clue what his skill level was sometime in the past at Super level. And don't care. If he wants to be a jumper at international level ( and God help us this is something to aspire to), he is not there.

PS: We look furtively to our set piece against England for obvious reasons - but I'm not convinced that the English line out is what it once was. They are not the Springboks in this department in this world cup.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah, I tend to agree. There's going to be so much focus on them they may actually err on the conservative side. What I'd like to see for the finals is that unless something looks really, really bad and intentional, give a yellow and let the citing dude deal with it after.

Yes no one wants to be the next Joubert, especially how World Rugby through him under the bus afterwards.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

I don't mind Naisarani being considered in the back row, but to explain this because he gives an extra line out target - well that is less than proven.

I have no clue what his skill level was sometime in the past at Super level. And don't care. If he wants to be a jumper at international level ( and God help us this is something to aspire to), he is not there.

PS: We look furtively to our set piece against England for obvious reasons - but I'm not convinced that the English line out is what it once was. They are not the Springboks in this department in this world cup.

I really like him in the back row and if he was able to actually jump he would be the prototype back-rower the Wallabies need... But its a glaring deficiency in his skillset for an international backrower.

Its a valid point about the English line out, and potentially an area the Wallabies could target if they decide to start LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), we really need an inform 5/8 with a quality kicking game to play that style of game though. Otherwise I think they at least need Dempsey in the mix, in which case they might at least achieve par with the English line-out.

Reactions: dru
B

Bobby Sands

Until Naisarani can start taking a catch in the lineout I don’t think he should start, against Georgia he fumbled 3 of the 4 throws that went to him, he might be tall but he lacks the technique to effectively jump in the lineout, and it’s compromising the attacking platform provided from lineouts on Australia throw.

Some on here have argued he jumped for the Brumbies 12-18 months ago so it wasn’t an issue, but the evidence is now clear and I don’t think he will pick skill set up in the week off.

Bang on, but more importantly he’s not even winning collisions at the moment - which is his bread and butter. I think he might be burned out after a long first international season. He plays a very physical game, you can imagine the toll.

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
I wrote up here a week ago that Garces was going to get your Quarter final. All of my posts were deleted by mods - i put up links to research too. He is England's man.

I said it, and it happened. How did I know?

here's the stats - and england control the reffing panel since Paddy O'brien pissed off into the sunset with craig joubert. He has an over 90% england and Saracens win rate, it would be 100% for england had Peter O'Mahony not stolen a lineout after garces marched england into Ireland's 22. All details and match reports are in this link. Along with a long litany of coaches calling foul in said match reports.

http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25429&start=140#p743742

Poite did you hard in the group game v Wales so that England could avoid Wales. Poite will get England's semi or the final, thats what "we have a deal" was about in the Lions final where he changed his mind.

Remember, England had him for their QF with Wales, details in link, in 2015. Jenkins was up against Mako Vunipola that day, who could not scrummage to save his life back then, yet Garces rode Jenkins all day. It took a true miracle for Wales to pull out a win.

Australia need to start talking about this hitman now as publicly as possible, Scotland got a fair ref v Japan for precisely this reason. Australia are NOT going to be fairly refereed.

England wales highlights

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
Youve also got that clown Skeen to deal with again, thats England's insurance.

He went after Kerevi and others and left everything else go because it was absolutely crucial that england avoided Wales, they are their bogey team, have no fear of them, always more up for it, and know them super well.

So you have to get past England, Joubert, and Skeen, and expect zero offside calls from Poite.

It all stinks to high heaven, and they don't care how obvious it is, because no one will countenance the obvious and call it like it is.

And no one will talk about the fact that there is NOTHING transparent about referee appointments, nothing is random, so whether you believe a guy is bent or not, they are beholden to the people who pay their wages and keep them getting big games. And you know who controls the reffing panel, and the IRB as a whole.

England's game was cancelled v France because Farrell was crippled with concussion after two red card hits in consecutive weeks - he missed four penalties in his last game. Vunipola was in a moon boot. The cancellation was called four days in advance. Oita, as far away as you could get in Japan from Fukuoka, was the only alternate mooted. Then they called logistical reasons, and cancelled it. You couldnt make it up folks. England without their two best players are very average, no one can argue that.

If you still think rugby is fair and not almost fully rigged and biased towards certain outcomes, can you mail me some of whatever you're smoking please.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I really hope Australia win this game, but the head says they won't.

1. Eddie's England has yet to lose against Australia.
  2. They are superbly conditioned this time around.
  3. Australia can beat Wales even though Wales are probably on equal level to England, but Wales' bogey team traditionally has been Australia.
  4. England have a surprisingly decent record v Australia in RWC KO matches.
  5. I can't see point 1 changing in a RWC KO test.
  6. England have a very quick and balanced back line, something they have not always had.
  7. Farrel seems to be immune to cards.
We have yet to see the true strength of the English scrum. Argentina was by no means a benchmark, as they were flogged in that area by all and sundry during the RC. They were also lucky, in my opinion, to have avoided France.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Youve also got that clown Skeen to deal with again, thats England's insurance.

He went after Kerevi and others and left everything else go because it was absolutely crucial that england avoided Wales, they are their bogey team, have no fear of them, always more up for it, and know them super well.

So you have to get past England, Joubert, and Skeen, and expect zero offside calls from Poite.

It all stinks to high heaven, and they don't care how obvious it is, because no one will countenance the obvious and call it like it is.

And no one will talk about the fact that there is NOTHING transparent about referee appointments, nothing is random, so whether you believe a guy is bent or not, they are beholden to the people who pay their wages and keep them getting big games. And you know who controls the reffing panel, and the IRB as a whole.

England's game was cancelled v France because Farrell was crippled with concussion after two red card hits in consecutive weeks - he missed four penalties in his last game. Vunipola was in a moon boot. The cancellation was called four days in advance. Oita, as far away as you could get in Japan from Fukuoka, was the only alternate mooted. Then they called logistical reasons, and cancelled it. You couldnt make it up folks. England without their two best players are very average, no one can argue that.

If you still think rugby is fair and not almost fully rigged and biased towards certain outcomes, can you mail me some of whatever you're smoking please.

Oakie doakie.........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fuck the soap dodgers we will do them like we did in 2015. We have been waiting for a break out game this world cup.. This will be it, we will put Eddie and his bunch of hitmen to bed.

To fast too good too talented, wouldnt swap a player of ours for theirs. stick it up them guys.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Naisarani was our primary lineout target against Georgia...........

vissievisa

Bob McCowan (2)
Oakie doakie...

You can take the piss and try to undermine my point all you want. I have the hard data linked above to prove it something's not right, and Australia were absolutely murdered v Wales. By the same guy who made up rules in the Lions last test, and say " we have a deal" out of nowhere. This was after three times stating, on camera, that it was a New Zealand penalty. Here it is. You trust this guy do you?

Watch the little look after he gets a word in his ear at 2.06. After saying conclusively, penalty. "we'll give you the final Roman". Or whatever the f*ck he was told, he was told something, then he muddles through an explanation to Read. Big money at stake here gents.

After consulting the TMO Ayoub, and standing with Peyper, and deciding then correctly it is a penalty, he says "OUI JEROME" (garces) at 1 min 59 on the tape, finger goes to ear. That changes his mind. Poite's brain is in OVERDRIVE, looks down at the ground, working out how to deliver it. Looking down has plenty of negative connotations in terms of body language. He has a long long pause while people are waiting on him to speak, after being very vocal.

Watch

I just have a brain enough to ask why, what was the reason that Poite went out of his way to destroy Australia v Wales in such an obvious way. Why was Skeen so inconsistent? Pocock was as bemused as I've ever seen a rugby player at him intervening on Kerevi's fend.

Its easy to link it then to England, they got a ridiculous game cancellation with farrell and Vunipola in the media reported as injured on Monday. And they do not want to play Wales over Australia.

To ensure Wales won v Australia (despite you guys coming like a train and Wales destroyed physically), Poite gave a pen v Rodda at the death for crossing in the lineout, when Tipuric got the ball a yard ahead of him. The one before that was just as much of a sham.

I predicted Garces would get England's qf too.

Short of a whistleblower coming out with video proof, there is literally no more anyone can do to show you how dodgy this is.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
To be fair, I dont give 2 fucks who the ref is, if we come out play our game do what we all know we can do but struggle with, we will put england to the sword and win this..

Can't call us in the scrum if we push them up there arse hole.. Cant call a bad turn over if we take the ball.. cant call a high shot if we hit them hard and low.. Ref's make a difference but not all the difference.

Wallabies have got this.. fuck the soap dodgers and there refs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I really looking forward to this one, I buggered if I know who will win, probably heart says Wallabies and head says Poms, because I think they a bloody well balanced team. And no the Refs won't decide the game only the players will do that, for both teams, do say otherwise is just plain bad excuse making (or just crazy at one theory I read here), so lets just all get ready to sit down(and stand up when needed) buckle up and get ready to enjoy the game.
I know I get shit because I like to see the positive side of rugby and games etc, but I find looking forward to all the QFs this weekend without assuming everyone is got it in for my team is still the only way to go for me, and those that think too much the other way I think are probably better off just watching a movie or something so they don't have a breakdown!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The appointment of Ben Skeen is surely a golden opportunity for an officiating controversy and NZ to get one back against England for the Cricket World Cup Final.

I don't think Garces refereeing is necessarily a bad thing. He was the referee when we played NZ in Perth this year. He is likely to let more go at the breakdown and I would certainly start Pocock alongside Hooper on that basis.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I really hope Australia win this game, but the head says they won't.

1. Eddie's England has yet to lose against Australia.
  2. They are superbly conditioned this time around.
  3. Australia can beat Wales even though Wales are probably on equal level to England, but Wales' bogey team traditionally has been Australia.
  4. England have a surprisingly decent record v Australia in RWC KO matches.
  5. I can't see point 1 changing in a RWC KO test.
  6. England have a very quick and balanced back line, something they have not always had.
  7. Farrel seems to be immune to cards.
We have yet to see the true strength of the English scrum. Argentina was by no means a benchmark, as they were flogged in that area by all and sundry during the RC. They were also lucky, in my opinion, to have avoided France.

Good points Ulrich - sadly point 7 is true to the point that it seems fishy.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
V.Issievisa, I really, REALLY want to believe your posts but damnit
Poite will get England's semi or the final, thats what "we have a deal" was about in the Lions final where he changed his mind.

giphy.gif