• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
EHC5iwpUYAARMTj.png:large

Ford demoted to the bench and Farrell starts at 10. Slade comes in to 13.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
"Petaia vs Tuilagi is a mouthwatering match-up in this game. I just hope the pup is going to show the old dog some new tricks."

If it doesn't come off, I hope Petaia has the mental fortitude to bounce back.

Big ask for the young Fella to mark a cannon ball.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
2ndly why do Aussie promote these young fellas and expect them to be seasoned pro's.
Centre is one of the hardest positions in the back line and takes time learning to read the game. Think Smith, O'Driscoll and DeVilliers were in their mid to late 20's before they could control,read, influence a game.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Not to be that guy but Conrad Smith debuted at age 22 after a single professional season, Brian O'Driscoll was 20 and De Villiers was 21, albeit he made his mark as a winger before shifting in.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Not to be that guy but Conrad Smith debuted at age 22 after a single professional season, Brian O'Driscoll was 20 and De Villiers was 21, albeit he made his mark as a winger before shifting in.

Not in a world cup knockout they didn't.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Not in a world cup knockout they didn't.

I don't disagree with you Blue but will play devil's advocate and suggest for a three test rookie, a RWC knock out will feel just like any other game he's experienced.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Yikes, that is a great English lineup. 10-15 is class. Ford out for Slade is a great move. That was my one hope that Kerevi just barrels it down the 10-12 channel.

Also they practically have 5 backrowers starting. Our rucks are going to be a fucking mess.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Having Curry and Underhill is a bit more like having 2 x Mcmahons. Super mobile locks and worsts best no.8. will be fun. You'd think we'd have ascendency in lineout, but I bet Itoje gets into the air very quick at the front

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wonder if Eddie has selected two running centres to run at Jordie all night.

Not 100% sure I'd pin Slade as a Running centre. He's done goal kicking in the past and is listed as someone who can play flyhalf, FB etc. " His england academy coach saw him as another Toby Flood or Rory Clegg' who are both flyhalves.

At 13, he is almost a bit more like us using JOC (James O'Connor) or Hodge - though far more experienced in that role.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Not 100% sure I'd pin Slade as a Running centre. He's done goal kicking in the past and is listed as someone who can play flyhalf, FB etc. " His england academy coach saw him as another Toby Flood or Rory Clegg' who are both flyhalves.

At 13, he is almost a bit more like us using JOC (James O'Connor) or Hodge - though far more experienced in that role.
I've only seen him come off the bench a few times, so limited sample. But, I've literally never seen him pass.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Pataia is at 13, it must be for his defence because playing outside Kerevi he not going to get much ball to attack with!

"Cut one!" call in attack, Kerevi runs decoy a few times and then gets the pill unexpectedly for a game-breaking bust on an under line.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Having Curry and Underhill is a bit more like having 2 x Mcmahons. Super mobile locks and worsts best no.8. will be fun. You'd think we'd have ascendency in lineout, but I bet Itoje gets into the air very quick at the front

McMahon at 6 would be so damn handy right about now.

B

Bobby Sands

"Cut one!" call in attack, Kerevi runs decoy a few times and then gets the pill unexpectedly for a game-breaking bust on an under line.

England will be bamboozled by the “cut-one”, we should hit em with “hands” straight after. ;-)

If we lose this game, it won’t be because of Jordy.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's a massive gamble from Cheika on Jordy, but I hope the young fella carves up. He's certainly got the talent.

The rest of the side is more or less as expected for mine.