• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
^ conversation was pertinent to the 2020 QLD team vis a vis McReight, Petaia & Wilson.

It seemed to me all about David Pocock & how other younger Reds players measured up to his younger version.
If that's about the 2020 Reds then my aunty has balls

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
It seemed to me all about David Pocock & how other younger Reds players measured up to his younger version.
If that's about the 2020 Reds then my aunty has balls

The first comment was " Mcreight is the second coming of Pocock"

That's what kicked if off.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Seemed relevant enough to the Reds thread, it’s not like it was swamping out any other reds conversation

On actual Reds news though, Reds to play trial vs NSW at Dalby on 24th Jan. as someone who has had the pleasure of playing in Dalby around that time, the boys are in for an experience. Going to be raging hot, and unless the drought has sorted itself out then the pitch will be rock hard. Good for doing shoulders and knees.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Seemed relevant enough to the Reds thread, it’s not like it was swamping out any other reds conversation

On actual Reds news though, Reds to play trial vs NSW at Dalby on 24th Jan. as someone who has had the pleasure of playing in Dalby around that time, the boys are in for an experience. Going to be raging hot, and unless the drought has sorted itself out then the pitch will be rock hard. Good for doing shoulders and knees.
Just a nice comfortable 36 degrees there that day this year

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Country rugby is important and it is good the Reds are thinking of it but Dalby in January? I worry about the early start to the year and the number of injuries we'll get because it is just so fuckin hot.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think they’ll take a squad of 30 and play quarters with drink breaks...

To be honest, it’s probably necessary acclimatisation because the season actual starts a week later, there’s no avoiding the heat this year.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Heard a new advert for membership on the radio this morning, I must say Angus Scott-Young has an impressive voice and is very clear and concise with the way he talks as opposed to a lot of footballers when they do promotions. Reminded me of how well spoken Matt Burke was when he used to be interviewed.

I actually think I may re-join this year (not because of the advert), I left after a piss poor effort by the Reds in the way they stuffed everything up with my membership a couple of years ago. I got a refund after the season because I still had not received my membership pack.

The prices for memberships are interesting, I will probably only get to one game next year so am looking at the Forever Red membership which is $60, there is a Lady in Red membership that is $100 that includes 2 x gold tickets to a game, a scarf and everything you get in the Forever membership.

Can a man purchase a Lady in Red membership? Do I need to identify as female at the time of membership? It seems like the best deal I can get if I am not going to many games through the season.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Brisbane City lock Ryan Smith and the halfback Chapman would be good development contracts or extended playing squad contracts for the Reds? With Malolua injured probably need a third halfback.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Thoughts on chapman as a halfback? I didn't see much of him, but he didn't stand out for me

He started for City a bit, I think they probably like Sorovi's impact coming off the bench. Chapman seems like he has a pretty good running game which suits playing alongside the dynamic Reds backrowers who pick and go so well around the ruck.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
Wasn’t impressed with him. That’s the whole problem here in Aus. We are looking for running xfactor 9’s and then worrying about service. AB’s, Wales, Ireland have 9’s that service and excel in game management and Japan. Here we haven’t focused on 9’s that can service from the base. Jmo

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wasn’t impressed with him. That’s the whole problem here in Aus. We are looking for running xfactor 9’s and then worrying about service. AB’s, Wales, Ireland have 9’s that service and excel in game management and Japan. Here we haven’t focused on 9’s that can service from the base. Jmo
Not commenting on the player mentioned , but agree with your logic .

We complain about a 9 who skips out from a ruck with too many steps before passing , but then also want a 9 who is a ball running threat . Guess it’s more about when you choose to run ?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
You can have a halfback like Genia who takes a couple steps in the direction they want to pass, but you need to do it when you have a player on the inside making a run. Digby used to always pop up on the inside after Will would draw the pillar and post out of position to make a nice hole.

Jordy, Dangunu and Speight can all perform that role if Tate or Moses wanted to drift.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
^Agree , in fact it looked a few times in the first half on Sat night that the inside channel had opened up for an inside pass of a Genia "skip", but alas it was just more of the same.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Just wondering if there is likely to be any recruitment at prop now that Ruan Smith is gone? Tupou and Nasser seem to be the only tightheads contracted although can JP Smith play there? I'm not across it very well but do they bring Gavin Luka back or contract someone like Van Nek or Dane Zander etc.?

B

Bobby Sands

Jordy goes alright doesn’t he?

Regardless of the Wallabies, much of what is going right in Oz rugby is happening in QLD..

Feels good to only be worried about the Reds again.