• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
there's a good highlights video of him online where he runs through some gaps and passes the ball sometimes.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Although it is a relatively infrequent occurrence, the Brumbies have had a deal of success remoulding League players into Union players at the highest levels.

Joe Tomane, Jesse Mogg, Tom Wright (in process). Probably a couple of others. Kata will probably find he has a whole lot of help in making the grade in his return to the game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Although it is a relatively infrequent occurrence, the Brumbies have had a deal of success remoulding League players into Union players at the highest levels.

Joe Tomane, Jesse Mogg, Tom Wright (in process). Probably a couple of others. Kata will probably find he has a whole lot of help in making the grade in his return to the game.

Did a solid job on Joe Tomane, but Jesse Mogg was hardly a league player to start with

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)

Peter Ryan was the best one.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

Tom Wright is going great guns in Canberra (would not surprise me to see him get a test cap next year) but he wasn’t really in League for that long as a senior pro.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
Andrew Walker surely.

Not sure I would call Andrew Walker a leaguie first. I played Rugby against him when he was 16 when he played for Shoalhaven club before he went to Randwick in '91. Best junior rugby player I ever saw.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Not sure I would call Andrew Walker a leaguie first. I played Rugby against him when he was 16 when he played for Shoalhaven club before he went to Randwick in '91. Best junior rugby player I ever saw.

Yeah to be fair I think he always played both (still plays league AFAIK).

I ran into him after the Brumbies' loss at Lang Park earlier this year. He was decked out head to toe in his Brumbies training gear from his last appearance at the Brisbane 10s. Still clearly loves the Brumbies, and was filthy about the way Simone and Kuridrani had played.

Loveliest bloke you could hope to meet.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Yeah to be fair I think he always played both (still plays league AFAIK).

I ran into him after the Brumbies' loss at Lang Park earlier this year. He was decked out head to toe in his Brumbies training gear from his last appearance at the Brisbane 10s. Still clearly loves the Brumbies, and was filthy about the way Simone and Kuridrani had played.

Loveliest bloke you could hope to meet.
A lot of backs play both codes and keep their options open. Wright played NSW schools at fullback via St Joseph's but had already signed with Manly. Rumour was that's why he didn't get picked for Schoolboys. Pigs are a different matter and are less likely to switch between codes