• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final England vs Australia

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
the scoreboard at half-time a fair reflection of the half. England looking much more clinical and composed, Australia hanging in there... Looking good into contact and at the breakdown but not offering much on attack besides some individual half-breaks.

England defending and attacking like a team. I'm afraid they will run away with it in the last 20mins.....

Unless our subs come on and add some spark to the attack

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
This would be a 1 pt game if it wasn't for that poor pass/intercept. We're in this. Petaia is looking good. Kerevi needs someone to just shadow him better. The All Blacks just do it so well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That first scrum collapse was all Sio’s fault, the reset and penalty worked against Sinkler.

OK, agreed, accept Sinkler definitely responsible at the penalty. We had one earlier where we weren't given advantage from earlier stuff ups from England.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This would be a 1 pt game if it wasn't for that poor pass/intercept. We're in this. Petaia is looking good. Kerevi needs someone to just shadow him better. The All Blacks just do it so well.
Yeah that break would have been a try for the ABs. I don't get how you don't expect Kerevi to make a break every touch he makes.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Need an early try so the dodgers stop giving away cynical penalties to protect their lead.
If Eng get 1st points in the 2nd half it’s game over.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
England seemed to be getting the ball out on their own feeds, Australia haven’t done that yet. That tells me something about the scrum ascendency. Still a lottery though.

Reactions: dru

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah that break would have been a try for the ABs. I don't get how you don't expect Kerevi to make a break every touch he makes.

Yeah. How many tries has Aaron Smith scored by just shadowing people... I don't get it either.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
10-9 would be fair. But we always give away soft points. England know what we are going to do. Need a territory game but need to keep playing lots of footy.