• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final Japan vs South Africa

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
1237ec107e4476dc3de7f12ede339bf19f27e8ad80de23e146727c74fd843c3e.jpg

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I have a feeling Japan might pull an Italy v England type of thing as per a couple of years ago.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Think for the Japanese fans etc , the Boks having to struggle would be great too, if you can't win it after what they have given in the last few weeks seeing their team go out with a valiant fighting loss would help I think!
Yeah mate,

I'd like for you to take that pragmatic approach in a Saffa fan's shoes. Take 2015 into account.

What happens to Japan is irrelevant, if they get beaten by 20 or 50 I won't feel any shame on their behalf. We have endured enough shame as Saffas from that humiliation.

My reasoning is purely in the interest of the Bokke and has got nothing to do with what may be good for Japan.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Overall I'll be hugely surprised if Japan's kamikaze attack overcomes South Africa's laager defence. In terms of the historical timeline, I feel we're post-1942; Japan's element of surprise is properly gone, they're starting to fatigue due to limited (playing) resources, and the South African Rugby Corps is primed to kick down the door and storm the beaches of Iwo Jima/Okinawa.

EDIT: Though I wonder if the Bok's might change it up, not relentlessly kick quite so much and, instead, hold the ball for protracted periods early in that match just to A) allow themselves to hurl big, angry, vengeful humans at the Japanese; and B) make sure the Japanese can't run at them, build up momentum, and start getting tricky.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Im surprisingly neutral on this. I like the styles of both teams. Japans speed and disciplined technique. Love the saffas physical game. Japan tier 2 underdogs and their country is hosting the event, Saffas looking to avenge that loss to japan last time.

After what ive just seen japan or the saffas would both have to fancy their chances rolling wales.

Excited and hope no cards or controversy.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Barnes is out of his depth here Saddam offside at every ruck because of the speed of the Blossoms

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
South Africa have not been onside for a single ruck or kick. The offside line evidently ends after faf.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Feels like Japan have 18 guys out there. Just a marauding swarm. Boks D scrambling like hell but its fingers in dykes stuff. The upset is ON. The fuck is bok HB doing with the box kicks again and again gifting back possession. Definition of insanity mate. How bout passing it to that electric little freak Kolbe?