• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 1/4 Final Japan vs South Africa

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wayne-o has been pinging the boks with abandon. Watching them like a hawk. Yet he's let Japan get away with plenty of "line balls"

#ending_his_career_how_he_started_it

#not_bitter

Yes, first half all the officiating went the way of Japan. Second half more balanced and that's when the SA power game simply ran the Blossoms into the turf. SA game plan was uninspiring but very effective.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
SA will beat Wales as the backs are similar quality but the SA pack is far superior. Also SA won't just allow Wales to flop over the ball at every break down, their clear out game is quality.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Faf needs a stiff uppercut from literally anyone. Maybe he'll find the offside line a bit closer to the ground.

I was really hoping it wasn't just me being one-eyed in support of Japan, but I don't think I've ever seen a halfback offside so much of the game?

There was a farcical point in the second half when he was running back from the Japanese side of the ruck, and then stopped next to their halfback so he couldn't go in that direction......... what the actual fuck?!

chibimatty

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Damn sad to see Japan out, was hoping this journey would last another couple of weeks. I think they would have had an enthusiastic full house even for a third-place play-off.