• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Braveheart you have often praised Hore and your praise might be warranted but on tahs performance, nsw nrc sides performance and the the fact Tahs as part of biggest rugby state struggles to be seen as the destination of choice for professional rugby players to develop (cf with say the Brumbies) means I struggle to see how Hore been good for NSWRU.

I think we are coming off a very low base in terms of the way rugby has been run in NSW.

The areas I think Hore has been good for has been reconnecting the direction of NSWRU and the Waratahs to being far more aligned and a greater desire to make it the NSW team. This is reversing a clear plan (which I don't think was a good one) to separate the Waratahs from NSWRU entirely. I think that has been part of the reason why the Waratahs had some culture issues in the past and why it wasn't the preferred destination for some of the young talent coming out of the state.

I don't really look at the Waratahs and NRC results as being particularly relevant to the CEO. He was there for three years. Whatever influence a CEO has on results of a professional sporting team are more delayed than that. Any contribution to that is going to play out in the next few years.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The way I heard it, he didn't want to pay Penney the money that he wanted. He was over ruled by the board so thought he'd lost support. Call it untenable or a blow up but it isn't a good sign for a CEO moving forward
Yeah. If only someone could tip out the board - although it just doesn't happen.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Like always, if he is good, he is worth his wages, if it falls in a heap $1 is too much

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Another one

That's encouraging for Hugh. Great to see him get a chance to keep developing at this level. Just hope I still get to see him run on for Norths too.

I might regret saying it, but I actually like that some of these contracts, particularly with some of the younger players, have some length to them. Means we're got a nice core that is going to get a chance to really develop/grow together.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
After watching Tepai Moeroa in the league 9’s on the weekend, he certainly has a lot of work to do before he could be considered for a centre position. He looks overweight and unfit and won’t look out of place in Shute Shield. It might be a good 2 years before we see his true potential.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
After watching Tepai Moeroa in the league 9’s on the weekend, he certainly has a lot of work to do before he could be considered for a centre position. He looks overweight and unfit and won’t look out of place in Shute Shield. It might be a good 2 years before we see his true potential.

Or a really good pre-season! Training in Sydney's humidity will strip the weight off you! I'm happy to run the Coogee stairs with him. Or struggle behind him. Or watch him run them. Or watch a video of it.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)

He has been coming off the bench for Parramatta so his fitness wouldn't be the best. Maybe he will be moved to the forwards at the Tahs if Hunt stays