• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
There are few things quite as satisfying as the self flagellation that follows an English sporting 'failure' that has been talked up to the point of being considered a near certainty by their idiotic press.

Exactly. It really is quite awe-inspiring to behold. Makes the NZ media after a RWC exit look like hippie yoga in the park. The poms go after their own with blood, bone, murder and death on the brain. The comments sections of the Guardian etc become caustic chunderous cauldrons of purest 180-proof concentrated bile.

GO THE BOKS

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Mrs Wamberal and I are looking forward to an open game of running rugby, with no serious injuries and no refereeing controversies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
looking forward to an open game of running rugby, with no serious injuries and no refereeing controversies.

trayspill_zpsw1zqoyyv.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Looking forward to game, must admit it not too bad feeling this relaxed a few hours out!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m a bit torn here.

My brother in law is a Pom and tells me that the mother country punters are still very angry with the administration and that it’s taken an Australian to get them to reach their potential post 2003. So kudos to Eddie in that regard.

On the other hand I have South African relations and have been there and seen first hand the social/cultural/political issues they have to deal with.

Head says England, heart says Boks, but I think all I really want is a great game and the team that wins is deserved.

Bring it on!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That’s big, losing your THP in the first 3 minutes. Cole is good but he now has to play 80 minutes...

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hmm, Bokke to win this from what I've seen. High ball and scrums working too well and being complemented by some great hands.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
South Africa clearly stronger in the scrum....should got a penalty straight away rather than another friggin reset.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Hard to win a WC final when your setpiece isn't working. SA would want to get some more pay soon though.

S

Show-n-go

Wtf why didn’t the ref stop play straight away when the hooker went down like that? They passed the ball right over the top of him then got a penalty. When England prop got injured they stopped pretty much immediately

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wtf why didn’t the ref stop play straight away when the hooker went down like that? They passed the ball right over the top of him then got a penalty. When England prop got injured they stopped pretty much immediately

My suspicion is that Garces was worried if he blew it up for a scrum SA would have forced another penalty. Bullshit, I know.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Disgraceful management from Garces. Should have stopped that immediately after bongi hit the deck