• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great words from Kolisi.

FWIW I really enjoyed the game. One for the purists perhaps, but tight, intense and high pressure. Two great tries and the better team won.

Inspirational stuff. He must be a superstar in SA.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
England following the trajectory of the classic French RWC campaign. Blowing their load in the performance of a lifetime to eliminate the All Blacks before slumping into elimination the next match.

FFS. We get the Battle of Hastings on stilts and the boks get Mr Bean and fucken Frank Spencer.

Reactions: Tex

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Time to fire up the Underwood's, Fleet Street. Get typing. Channel that self-loathing and misery into caustic, belittling prose.

raw

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Time to fire up the Underwood's, Fleet Street. Get typing. Channel that self-loathing and misery into caustic, belittling prose.

raw

Nah they'll take the high road and go all magnanimous based entirely of their spanking of the ABs last week.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well done Bokke.
Won’t ever forget England performance in this RWC.

Superb stuff Japan.

My main memory though will be the referees. Not a positive memory.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Well done Bokke.
Won’t ever forget England performance in this RWC.

Superb stuff Japan.

My main memory though will be the referees. Not a positive memory.

Nah refs are forgotten. That was all the way back in the pool stages.

My main memories will be a dominate England team, a new and improved Japan, and a SA winning with pure muscle.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good god what a performance by the Boks. 3 straight games they have destroyed the opposition forwards and won.

Also their tactical kicking was (for the most part) spot on - great chasing from Mapimpi and Kolbe

de Klerk is the best 9 in the world

The SA forward pack is also the best there is atm

Stu Barnes' prediction is David King levels of accuracy