• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer 2019-2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This is what Adam Zampa thought of the pitch.

Zamps.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I reckon that street he's standing on would have generated more variation than the track that Shield game was played on. Can we just ban Victoria from hosting games for a few years?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ignoring the Vic/SA game, some good early batting form shown by Warner, Hughes, Burns, Labuschagne, 2 x Marsh, Stoinis and Paine.

Vic batsmen will need to show form away from Melbourne.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Mitchell Starc with match figures of 10/60 against Tasmania has bounced right back after a poor first round of the Shield. Strong chance of a recall for the first test of the Summer in conditions that suit him.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Meredith also picking up five in NSW's first innings including Steve Smith (albeit on 106). Definitely on selectors' radar as one for the future.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
If we could play with XI bowlers we'd be sweet.

Best depth of quality fast and medium pacers in aeons.

Spinners another story.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah wow saw the highlights. Some awesome shots and the Big (No)Show turned up in style. Such a shame he could never really maximise that talent at test level, though I still suppose there still a small chance he can.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Australia A's top order collapsing against Pakistan - not a good audition for four test hopefuls after Pakistan made batting look easy.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Not only top order the whole team. Bancroft top scored with 49. Hope the second dig, if we get one, the boys show some form. BTW the Pakistan team is looking pretty good. Should be a good first test at the Gabba.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think on the weight of runs through the last couple of seasons I would be picking Pucovski and then raffle for the other openers spot. I have a feeling that Harris will get it, but I still think he's mediocre.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think there would be more potential for success with Joe Burns to open in place of Harris, Hornet. As you say, Harris looks to be mediocre and mostly scores either poorly or mediocrely. If Burns gets going, he is more likely to turn in a high score around 100 or more.

Is Kurtis Patterson still out of the picture with injury?