• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The eligibility rules are very fluid, but I thought that as he was born in Fiji, he could qualfy for them if he sat out of international rug y for 3 years. I assume he thinks the same going off his quote.

But the eligibility rules aren't fluid at all... if you represent one country, you cant then represent another. Kerevi can not play for Fiji.

Im assuming this is another example of why the QRU are refusing to deal with Anthony Piccone(Kerevi's manager) anymore, he fails to properly inform his clients on decisions about their own careers and futures.

S

Show-n-go

That’s a real kick in the guts for us, can’t believe a wallaby vice captain would have the desire to play for another country

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That’s a real kick in the guts for us, can’t believe a wallaby vice captain would have the desire to play for another country

Nah I don't think its a kick in the guts, every Fjian in the world would hold ambitions of representing Fiji, doesn't mean they aren't committed to their adopted nations or give 100% every time they play .

S

Show-n-go

Nah I don't think its a kick in the guts, every Fjian in the world would hold ambitions of representing Fiji, doesn't mean they aren't committed to their adopted nations or give 100% every time they play .

Go play for Fiji to begin with then?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
But the eligibility rules aren't fluid at all. if you represent one country, you cant then represent another. Kerevi can not play for Fiji.

Im assuming this is another example of why the QRU are refusing to deal with Anthony Piccone(Kerevi's manager) anymore, he fails to properly inform his clients on decisions about their own careers and futures.

Not quite correct. There is a loophole due to rugby being in the Olympics. Cooper Vuna for example used this to to play for Tonga at the most recent RWC.

S

Show-n-go

I believe that’s the point of the article, if he can’t play for Australia he wants to play for Fiji...

Noooo........if you want to play for Fiji never cap yourself for Aus then..........

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So, Tim Nanai Williams changed allegiance by playing 4 events of the Sevens series for Samoa in the qualification year, after not playing International 15s, 15s A's or Sevens for 3 years.

Qualification year for the 2024 Olympics will be the 2022/2023 series. Depending on the rules of what constitutes a stand down (is it date of last international, is it now or is it some sort of official declaration to World Rugby), then as long as whomever holds his contract in that Late November through Early June period of 2022/2023 doesn't stand in his way, Kerevi could 100% turn out for four Sevens events and rep Fiji at the 2023 World Cup.

B

Bobby Sands

Samu is not the answer, and I have been saying this from as far as back he's become the go to man at the Reds.

I actually think he makes all those around him worse, and it's not a game style that beats the sophisticated defences, ie it does not win big games.

Seeya mate, it was real :)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Samu is not the answer, and I have been saying this from as far as back he's become the go to man at the Reds.

I actually think he makes all those around him worse, and it's not a game style that beats the sophisticated defences, ie it does not win big games.

Seeya mate, it was real :)
It looked, for a while at least, like he was developing a more rounded game.

He didn't though.