• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Coach Conga Line

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I've been thinking about this recently but do we think that Johnson's remit (job description) is defined to the extent necessary? The fact that he's been brought in as a Director of Rugby to essentially/ hopefully develop the structure of the rugby- side of the organization and yet somehow is also a selector seems that things may be a little fluid.
It even appears that he was the power to 'make up' his role as he goes along?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So I had a look back at some highlights of the Chiefs in 2012 and I few things got me excited and I'm hopeful they get bought into the Wallabies.
1) The entire team shaved their heads at some point in the season
2) Post try celebrations are quality

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
I've been thinking about this recently but do we think that Johnson's remit (job description) is defined to the extent necessary? The fact that he's been brought in as a Director of Rugby to essentially/ hopefully develop the structure of the rugby- side of the organization and yet somehow is also a selector seems that things may be a little fluid.

Yeah, it's very fluid. I think he was even RA's Special Envoy to Ukraine at one point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Given it's a new role, there should surely be some fluidity to it. You've brought Johnson in to improve the test team and structures around it, not to continue doing a clearly established job someone was doing before.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
surely the name of this thread should now be changed -"the current/new Wallaby coach", or a new thread started. Or are we debating who is following Rennie ?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
So I had a look back at some highlights of the Chiefs in 2012 and I few things got me excited and I'm hopeful they get bought into the Wallabies.
1) The entire team shaved their heads at some point in the season
2) Post try celebrations are quality

There's a promising young bloke in those clips. Sonny Bill. Could turn out to be a great rugby player.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
On the lamb-beef-pork call “do you know what lamb is? We have a bit of it in New Zealand”.