• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
the north remembers.
I think it's probably fair to say that if Australia was Westeros, Queensland would be Dorne, NSW would be the Targaryeans, Victoria the Lannisters, Western Australia the North, South Australia the River Lands, Tassie the Iron Islands, NT the Vale and the ACT would be the Fingers.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think it's probably fair to say that if Australia was Westeros, Queensland would be Dorne, NSW would be the Targaryeans, Victoria the Lannisters, Western Australia the North, South Australia the River Lands, Tassie the Iron Islands, NT the Vale and the ACT would be the Fingers.
?????

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Big ups to Aussie board for getting this new IRANZ (or aussie version of course) academy going, it's a Murray Mexted academy that has had real good results in NZ, the Aussie one will just use former wallabies etc, know a player to went to the NZ one a few years back and very very impressed. Only good things come from these things

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Big ups to Aussie board for getting this new IRANZ (or aussie version of course) academy going, it's a Murray Mexted academy that has had real good results in NZ, the Aussie one will just use former wallabies etc, know a player to went to the NZ one a few years back and very very impressed. Only good things come from these things

I thought about reporting your post for excessive optimism, but I decided to like it instead.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

Actually pretty good!

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)

It's so much easier if you just do The Expanse, where:

New South Wales is the UN/Earth;
Queensland is Mars;
Everyone else is the Belters; and
Cameron Clyne is Sadavir Errinwright.

Yeah, I'm bored too.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)

Queensland is Mars;

Yeah, I'm bored too.

That has to be the most accurate way I've ever seen it described.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
1574489884295.jpg

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

Queensland is Mars;

Yeah, I'm bored too.
I have no idea what you are talking about, but I love what you are bringing to the table.

So the Expanse is a tv show, worth watching?

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
I have no idea what you are talking about, but I love what you are bringing to the table.

So the Expanse is a tv show, worth watching?

Absolutely. I've heard of it described as being like Game of Thrones in space. Conspiracies, political intrigue, space battles and a terrifying form of alien life that frankly makes the White Walkers look like the mummies in an Abbott & Costello movie.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I would argue that it's a lot more sophisticated than Game of Thrones. It's the Cold War in space, with honest depictions of the kind of future our current society is capable of creating; grossly unequal, unjust, and still built around exploitation by the obscenely wealthy, under the veil of patriotism and service.