• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Aussie az.

Ironically Clyne did play a lot of rugby, including rep I think.

For Victoria, at a time they were park footy at best. The selection pool would have been 10 teams tops. Ironically very grassroots. Grass would have been optional

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If you guys are going to talk about subbies rugby in this thread at least find a way to link it back to Raelene Castle's failings as CEO or Clyne as chairman.

Fine: the $3,000 we'll pay for the Rugby Australia Folau Firefighting "participation" fee" this year is a direct result of The Board's mismanagement over a period of 2 decades. Clyne has to answer for all that. I want bloody.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Think that's for the best. Obviously I'm unsure how much $$ has been paid, but it's definitely a positive that this will no longer overshadow the game as it drags through the courts.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The history rewriting has already begun, from the news article on Vunivalu this morning...............

With Folau and Rugby Australia returning for more mediation sessions in Melbourne on Wednesday, the governing body delivered a clear message that it is moving on from the former GWS flop.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
So RA apologised to Izzy and his family for hurt they have felt and Izzy apologised for hurt his comments caused?

I can't see it written anywhere but assume Izzy is still sacked?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So RA apologised to Izzy and his family for hurt they have felt and Izzy apologised for hurt his comments caused?

I can't see it written anywhere but assume Izzy is still sacked?

They’ve wished each other well........... he’s still goneburgers.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
"Mr Folau wants all Australians to know that he does not condone discrimination of any kind against any person on the grounds of their sexuality and that he shares Rugby Australia’s commitment to inclusiveness and diversity."

What. A. Pisstake.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Reading between the lines, I'm assuming he got closer to what he was asking than nothing. Which must put RA in a perilous spot.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hard to know exactly what to make of this. Hopefully at some point in the future more details emerge.

RA had some sort of insurance policy in place which would have covered certain aspects of a settlement. I wonder if that entitled the insurer to agree to a settlement in certain circumstances because they were footing the bill?

RA thought their case was strong and I can't see why that would have changed over the last two days of mediation. It would seem to me that the most likely settlement was RA apologising and paying a fairly modest amount which allows Folau and his camp to say they were vindicated in pursuing their case.

I can't see any situation where RA pays millions to settle the case.