• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
OT-ish but there's an article on the brissie times about Quade's departure from the reds and a few other things. Will post the link when i get home

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Really enjoyed seeing Quade mature as a player and person. He really was always under pressure and in the spotlight, I can remember watching the TV and hearing deafening boo's every time he came near the ball (against the chiefs?). The article sounds like he matured into a straight shooter and those confrontations weren't enjoyed by all.

When he talked about two younger blokes it happened too, I'm sure this is Michael Gunn and Andrew Ready?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Really enjoyed seeing Quade mature as a player and person. He really was always under pressure and in the spotlight, I can remember watching the TV and hearing deafening boo's every time he came near the ball (against the chiefs?). The article sounds like he matured into a straight shooter and those confrontations weren't enjoyed by all.

When he talked about two younger blokes it happened too, I'm sure this is Michael Gunn and Andrew Ready?

No i think it was Frisby, he got told he wasn’t required as well.

Gunn, Frisby and Ready were all disciplined in 2017 under Stiles for a poor attitude towards training, i think this also impacted on their opportunities in 2018 and neither were re-signed when their contracts were up. Reece Hewat was another who was let go during this era.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
It’s interesting isn’t it, that in today’s professional climate, players get overlooked/moved on for unprofessional attitudes and behaviour.

I’ve never been a professional rugby player, but I’m professional at what I do .

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It’s interesting isn’t it, that in today’s professional climate, players get overlooked/moved on for unprofessional attitudes and behaviour.

I’ve never been a professional rugby player, but I’m professional at what I do .
They are quite young though. Im professional now but when i was in my early 20s i was a proper fluffybunny.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
Yer like the hat not sure about the scarf though. With Sups starting in Feb may be a bit hot in QLD for a scarf.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Peter Ryan on Vunivalu signing, sounds like they see him as a really athletic specimen to work with given his height, weight and age. 192cm and 99kg, which puts him about 10cm and 15kg heavier then current Reds wingers like Campbell, Hardy and Daugunu.

Peter Ryan also spoke about pre-season, he actually believes they're a couple of weeks behind where they'd like to be, although he thinks all teams will be in the same boat given the earlier start to the season.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-rush-hour-brisbane/peter-ryan-on-the-rush-hour