• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
There won't be many bums on seats nor eyeballs on screen if all the pro-Folau and anti-JoN rugby spectators stay away on principle.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wouldn't it be best to judge any change by their actions in those roles? JON on the board would not be an outrageous choice - I would rather some actual rugby management experience on the thing and 14 years as CEO gives him that, but I would prefer to see someone like David Gallop take the role; and Kearns? Well he comes across as a fan and boofhead in commentary but he has been running businesses for quite a while. I don't know how good he is at that stuff

That said castle has been adequate

Whatever they do, they can't win really
Please!

JON made a shitload of money for ARU by shafting the kiwis in hosting the RWC,got paid plenty and moved on.

If that was his complete history, then yeah, there’s an argument that he might add value at board level.

But his second innings was a fucking debacle, there should be a dartboard in the Boardroom with his face on it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, Castle wasn't sacked today as per Fordham and 2GB's super Friday exclusive insider source.........

Reactions: dru

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yep, Clyne came out and said she has the full support of the board. ;)

Maybe she actually does? Mostly, people trying to make a case for her being poor hang it on stuff that was going down when she got the job (not saying that is you). Now, we have a good coaching team coming together. The word I have had from inside the tent is that she knows her shit. But, no. Oh, and she's a Kiwi. Oh, and she's a woman. Oh, and she's from netball and NRL. Etc............. Honestly, the ability of some people within Aus rugby to not only shit the bed, but the whole neighbourhood is beyond belief at times.
These fluffybunnys need to STFU and let there be a smooth transition to a new Chair without throwing curve balls all over the place.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Maybe she actually does? Mostly, people trying to make a case for her being poor hang it on stuff that was going down when she got the job (not saying that is you). Now, we have a good coaching team coming together. The word I have had from inside the tent is that she knows her shit. But, no. Oh, and she's a Kiwi. Oh, and she's a woman. Oh, and she's from netball and NRL. Etc..... Honestly, the ability of some people within Aus rugby to not only shit the bed, but the whole neighbourhood is beyond belief at times.
These fluffybunnys need to STFU and let there be a smooth transition to a new Chair without throwing curve balls all over the place.
Just need someone to tell em eh.

Perhaps we could start a fan signed letter telling them to fuck off.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The rugby mafia is in full swing atm and it’s making me feel a little embarrassed to be so involved in the sport. They are going to have their way unless we all speak up about it. Absolutely shocking the undermining that’s going on. We are going to be kept in the dark ages if they have their way. People are quoting Jones, pushing for Kearns to be CEO and O’Neil to be chairman. Removal of the NRC without any reasonable high performance alternative and negativity to attempt to test the market outside Fox is been slammed. Time for me to take a short break from it over Xmas and prepare myself for the shit fight that will no doubt be 2020.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The rugby mafia is in full swing atm and it’s making me feel a little embarrassed to be so involved in the sport. They are going to have their way unless we all speak up about it. Absolutely shocking the undermining that’s going on. We are going to be kept in the dark ages if they have their way. People are quoting Jones, pushing for Kearns to be CEO and O’Neil to be chairman. Removal of the NRC without any reasonable high performance alternative and negativity to attempt to test the market outside Fox is been slammed. Time for me to take a short break from it over Xmas and prepare myself for the shit fight that will no doubt be 2020.
It actually may not be a shit fight if Raelene can cling on.

If not - I'm not sure it'll be worth coming back.