• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I haven't seen HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at THP, however as he's heavier than Robbo conventional wisdom suggests he should be THP and Robbo LHP. Having said that, I agree with the fatprop that in his first year at the Tahs Robbo went pretty well at THP, and was only switched to accommodate Kepu's return for OS.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't seen HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at THP, however as he's heavier than Robbo conventional wisdom suggests he should be THP and Robbo LHP. Having said that, I agree with the fatprop that in his first year at the Tahs Robbo went pretty well at THP, and was only switched to accommodate Kepu's return for OS.

I agree with this.

Robertson and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) seem pretty likely to be our best two props with Faulkner and Talakai the reserves. On that basis I would probably prefer HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at THP long term as his body size seems better suited to it overall.

It would be interesting to know where each of them would prefer to play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I saw that but might've just been an intern guessing, certainly doesn't look fit enough atm to play centre.

Also I can't believe they're doing running outdoors in the current weather. Can't be healthy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah I saw that but might've just been an intern guessing, certainly doesn't look fit enough atm to play centre.

Also I can't believe they're doing running outdoors in the current weather. Can't be healthy.

I can't see how he'd get a look in in the backrow. We've got too many options as is. Plus it will be far harder to get back to forward play after being a back as a junior and not playing rugby for 6 years. I can't see it happening.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
One of Coffs Harbour Primary Schools two international rugby players. The other being Brett.

Indeed though lucky for him & Bikkie their parents saw the light and they become true sons of Far North QLD and eventually brothers in arms down at Yoku Road.

In all seriousness I think the tahs have done well, him and Brent are genuinely great blokes. Matt will bring a country boys work ethic and is great role model for doing the hard yakka on the field & having a bit of fun off it.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I had Robertson in mind when I put up my earlier post, not HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes). Just hope the forwards coach puts both Robbo and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) on their best side, and leaves them there.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

He was an excellent school boys centre who played most of his NRL as an edge backrower (which is essentially a 12) He only got pushed in closer and the Eels depth increased

He can be that unit initially there to get over the advantage line to set up the following play

I can imagine starting with the kids coming off the bench

Gorden
Beale
Newsome
Tepai
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Clark
Hunt

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
He was an excellent school boys centre who played most of his NRL as an edge backrower (which is essentially a 12) He only got pushed in closer and the Eels depth increased

He can be that unit initially there to get over the advantage line to set up the following play

I can imagine starting with the kids coming off the bench

Gorden
Beale
Newsome
Tepai
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Clark
Hunt

KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10? God help us.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
KB (Kurtley Beale) at 10? God help us.

That is the talk, if so, you build the backs around him and realistically he has been 60% a 10 for the last couple of years as the second play maker

Stick Hunt at 15 and he can drop in to do the defensive heavy lifting off set piece. It could work - most sides hide their 10 to some extent

We keep forgetting he got the Tahs to an Super Rugby final playing 10