• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Seru Uru - yeah probably, I reckon we'll see him.

Hunter Paisami - he has his limitations. He may get a gig from the bench through injury.

Dane Zander - this guy looks well off the pace. It will be a "use only in case of emergency" type of scenario with him. Down the track perhaps, but hopefully not in 2020.

I think there’s a psychological element to these comments, doesn’t want to put more pressure on guys who will likely play a big role(Wilson, Lucas), and instead named these 3 to serve as a bit of a motivation to keep the fire burning and fight for a contract.

Zander night play a bit of a Fotuaika role in 2020 if he knocks the fat off during pre-season.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Seru Uru - yeah probably, I reckon we'll see him.

Hunter Paisami - he has his limitations. He may get a gig from the bench through injury.

Dane Zander - this guy looks well off the pace. It will be a "use only in case of emergency" type of scenario with him. Down the track perhaps, but hopefully not in 2020.

Reg From what I hear about Zander he is not up to it and should drop away fairly soon. Doesn't even have the scrumming ability.

Finished the Bronco in Brisbane City Training in a 4 Ever

Fried_Chicken_and_Beer

Stan Wickham (3)
David Feao is training, not on a full time contract.
On social media they’re sharing videos of him squatting 300kg in the gym, even for a professional player that’s a monster weight to lift.

Fotuatika is still in rehab and likely to miss the start of season, so I think Feao will be in the squad as an injury replacement until Feao is back at least.

Handy replacement if that's the case.

Comes from great stock as well. Played with his dad at Sunnybank many a moonlight ago (my claim to fame), former Tongan international. Great scrummager and great teacher of this fine art.

Anyone remember when David used to be a winger? :) Where all great props start off in life.

B

Bobby Sands

I assume Feao will be our international exception?

In any case, he’s a very welcome addition to the prop squad which allows Nasser etc to build and project players like Zander not to be thrown to the wolves. I hope the big man, name escapes, is back soon as well.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I believe there is extra dispensation if players are there as injury cover and not full time contracts. David Feao will be there as injury cover for Fotuaika

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
new Board appointee at the Reds:

The Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) have appointed Brett Clark to a casual vacancy on the Board.

Mr Clark is the founder and managing director of ePharmacy and the managing partner of Chemist Warehouse stores in Queensland and Northern NSW. He has recently retired as the Chair of the Board of Queensland Ballet and is a well-known philanthropist in Queensland.

QRU Chairman Jeff Miller said: “We’re delighted to welcome Brett to the Board and believe he will complement the Board’s existing skill-set, given his extensive background in business and his previous work as the Chairman of Queensland Ballet. The addition of Brett to our Board will certainly assist the QRU as we commence the first year of a new three-year strategic plan in 2020.”

Mr Clark has enjoyed a lifelong connection to Rugby and played at Brisbane Grammar School. Following school, he graduated from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree in 1988 and was awarded an MBA in 2005.

He also has an advanced diploma in Nutritional Pharmacy, a diploma from the Australian Institute of Company Directors and was a past national finalist of the Ernst and Young, Young Entrepreneur of the Year award, as well as being a judge for the Awards from 2005-2008.

Mr Clark was named the 2009 Medal for Management Innovation recipient from the Queensland chapter of the Australian Institute of Management. ePharmacy/Chemist Warehouse employs over 17,000 staff in more than 450 outlets nationally.

In addition to being a director of the ePharmacy/Chemist Warehouse and Market Reach Boards, Mr Clark retired earlier this year after 10 years on the Board of Queensland Ballet board – including the last six years as Chair.

Mr Clark has also previously served as Chair of Bridgeworks - a Registered Training Organisation owned by the Sisters of Mercy - and was also a founding committee member of Mater Little Miracles.

Mr Clark has also assisted his wife over the past 15 years in raising over 1.5 million dollars for the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) has today highlighted the importance and strength of the Queensland pathway with three National Rugby Championship (NRC) products prop Dave Feao, lock Tuaina Taii Tualima and centre Hunter Paisami all signing with the St.George Queensland Reds.

The trio have put pen to paper through 2020 and will form part of the Reds wider training squad for this upcoming Super Rugby season.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Edit: just beat me Reg
paisami_feao_tualima_website-graphic.jpg

Hunter Paisami(centre), David Feao(THP) and Tuaina Taii Tualima(back row) all signed for the 2020 season.
https://reds.rugby/news/2019/12/20/st-george-queensland-reds-bolstered-by-three-nrc-products-in-2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Interesting mix across the back-row/locks now, be interesting to see how Uru and TTT fit in to the mix, they both have massive frames just haven't filled them out yet.

Locks:
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
Angus Blythe
Izack Rodda
Harry Hockings

Backrow:
Harry Wilson
Fraser McReight
Liam Wright
Angus Scott-Young
Seru Uru
Tuaina Taii Tualima
Tom Kibble(WTS)
Michael Wood(WTS)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) has today highlighted the importance and strength of the Queensland pathway with three National Rugby Championship (NRC) products prop Dave Feao, lock Tuaina Taii Tualima and centre Hunter Paisami all signing with the St.George Queensland Reds.

The trio have put pen to paper through 2020 and will form part of the Reds wider training squad for this upcoming Super Rugby season.

Wasn't Paisami in trouble in Melbourne re an assault in 2018 when he was part of the Rebels?