• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
On insta the Rugby.com guys have been doing a 'team of the decade' for each Aussie franchise.

Here is my crack at a Tahs team:

1. Benn Robbo
2. TPN
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Dean Mumm
6. Dave Dennis
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu

9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Tom Carter
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
15. Kurtley Beale

About 75% of the team picks itself, but there are a few debateable spots in there. Am sure I've missed someone too.
https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/12/17/super-rugby-waratahs-team-of-the-decade

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I think you would have Vickerman in front of Mumm, as one year qualifies for this decade. Jackpot would replace Dennis if you could have O/S players, not sure what the rules are.
In the backs, regardless of what you think of his social media tirades, surely Isi would be at 15 and Beale at 12.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
On insta the Rugby.com guys have been doing a 'team of the decade' for each Aussie franchise.

Here is my crack at a Tahs team:

1. Benn Robbo
2. TPN
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Kane Douglas
5. Dean Mumm
6. Dave Dennis
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu

9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Tom Carter
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
15. Kurtley Beale

About 75% of the team picks itself, but there are a few debateable spots in there. Am sure I've missed someone too.
hrmmm.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think you would have Vickerman in front of Mumm, as one year qualifies for this decade. Jackpot would replace Dennis if you could have O/S players, not sure what the rules are.
In the backs, regardless of what you think of his social media tirades, surely Isi would be at 15 and Beale at 12.

Yes one year does qualify for this decade but Dan wasn't half the player he was after his overseas stint. Collectively we got it pretty right though, this was the team 'they' settled on:

1. Benn Robbo
2. TPN
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Will Skelton
5. Dave Dennis
6. JacPot
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu

9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Kurtley Beale
14. Rob Horne
15. Izzy Folau

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought that too. Both played plenty in those positions but with both in the same team you'd have them the other way around.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Yes one year does qualify for this decade but Dan wasn't half the player he was after his overseas stint. Collectively we got it pretty right though, this was the team 'they' settled on:

1. Benn Robbo
2. TPN
3. Sekope Kepu
4. Will Skelton
5. Dave Dennis
6. JacPot
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu

9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Drew Mitchell
12. Kurtley Beale
14. Rob Horne
15. Izzy Folau
It depends on whether you’re picking them based on their peak or consistency, but for me Taqele would nudge out Mitchell or Horne, probably Horne as much as I like him. He and Folau basically dragged the Tahs to a semi last year off their own bats.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
If Beale is told to underplay his role the team will go okay. He has got most of the skills, and some of those in abundance.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
So the Tahs signed both Abel brothers? Great news

Attachments

• Abelbros.jpg
    Abelbros.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 130