• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, he was basically in attendance when it happened. Was cleared with a slight slap on the wrists I believe

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Been flat-out moving house, it was really hard making one on my favourite team :) Hope you enjoy it!

Nice work, one thing you highlighted is with all the excitement over the young blokes, it’s easy to forget some of the experience and talent which has left. Timu, Higgers, Paia’aua and Kerevi will leave a big hole. This group of players still only has a average age of 22.

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks heaps mate! and absolutely, even with such a young age though, it feels like most of these blokes have been around for a while. Can't wait to see how they manage with so many losses but so much promise
Nice work, one thing you highlighted is with all the excitement over the young blokes, it’s easy to forget some of the experience and talent which has left. Timu, Higgers, Paia’aua and Kerevi will leave a big hole. This group of players still only has a average age of 22.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

Been flat-out moving house, it was really hard making one on my favourite team :) Hope you enjoy it!

The most honest appraisal I have seen. Well done on the sensitive Thorn topic. All and all I'm pretty pumped this year.

B

Bobby Sands

Eh? It seemed like a fair question....

Pasami was charged with affray and went to court in September.... never heard what the actual outcome was though.

The outcome was that he is great carry who needs to work on his distribution.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
B

Bobby Sands

He wasn't mediocre a couple of seasons back when he was in top form & forced a Wallaby spot. Injuries, suspension & form waned after that. Seems he's re-discovered the form of 2017-18 is all.

It’s happened many times over, and it’s odd. Julian Salvi looked like Savea over there.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
It’s happened many times over, and it’s odd. Julian Salvi looked like Savea over there.

I think some of the power forwards like Timu shine more in the NH due to the conditions - heavier grounds, slower game suits them. Timu was pretty effective in the collisions.

B

Bobby Sands

I think some of the power forwards like Timu shine more in the NH due to the conditions - heavier grounds, slower game suits them. Timu was pretty effective in the collisions.

Doesn’t explain Ben Lucas, Zach Holmes, Brock James, Julian Salvi etc etc.

But I definitely see your point.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Doesn’t explain Ben Lucas, Zach Holmes, Brock James, Julian Salvi etc etc.

But I definitely see your point.

Good point re the backs - Brock James I wondered if it was just a time issue - didn't have long enough in Super Rugby game time to develop and show what he could do maybe as he has certainly been a big success in France. Maybe it's the change in environment - if they have been part of the system in Oz - schoolboys, age group etc where it has been a bit too easy and then they get out into the pro ranks and suddenly it's harder and they struggle to adjust - go o/s and have to fend for themselves maybe? It is odd, even some of those who have come back from o/s and had little impact when they have been stars over there - that #8 Cheika brought back to Qld from Bath for example. It would be interesting to find out from players about the different environments here compared to the NH and how that affects them. JOC (James O'Connor) might be one who could shed some light.

S

Show-n-go

I think it’s also just a numbers game, euro rugby is like the NRL. More teams over there and bigger squad sizes equals more players needed meaning the spread of talent becomes thinner. Outside of a few super clubs like saracens I think our super rugby talent would do away with most euro clubs and overall talent is spread much more evenly across the comp

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
With the short off season this year it seems likely to me they’ll hold most of the Wallabies back from the first trial against the Rebels. Although I see they are advertising locally that Tupou will be playing.

Otherwise I assume they’ll play a good portion of the main squad as well as pretty much any/all fringe guys.

Who are the young guys that people are keen to see run out?

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm really keen to see the backrowers duke it out for spots in the 23: Uru, Kibble, McReight, Wilson, Scott-Young & Wright (we are really lucky here seeing as Solokaia-Loto is also a guarantee)

I can't help but to get excited over watching Daugunu
With the short off season this year it seems likely to me they’ll hold most of the Wallabies back from the first trial against the Rebels. Although I see they are advertising locally that Tupou will be playing.

Otherwise I assume they’ll play a good portion of the main squad as well as pretty much any/all fringe guys.

Fried_Chicken_and_Beer

Stan Wickham (3)

Looking forward to seeing Uru play at the next level.