• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Happy to see Maddocks back at the Tahs, although a little uneasy with the concept of contracts seemingly being so rubbery these days. Probably won't impact the Rebels massively, given their outside back stocks, but not really an ideal state of affairs.
Keen to see how Moeroa shapes up for the Tahs, and whether Crichton comes into the frame in 12 months or so. I think Crichton would be a very good get.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Win win all round.

Waratahs get a fullback
Maddocks goes home
Rebels get less broke.
Reds and Brumbies get Beale at 10 and goal kicking

Probably always gonna be goal-kicking, I reckon. At least some of it. He used to be pretty decent. Maybe he might be again?
As for playing 10 - he should be able to adapt back to it at Super level, and the key might well be who they play at 12 - Hunt looking likely now with Maddocks back. I think Hunt next to Beale would be a very positive move.
I predict 10 isn't the biggest issue the Tahs have this year. I predict there will be a queue quoting this back at me in about 5 months. :p

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Starting the season you'd imagine something like this

9. Gordon
10. Beale
11. Clark
12. Hunt
13. Forketi
14. Newscome
15. Maddocks

With Mason, Moeroa and Nawaqanitawase (only two per game as Short will be on the bench) building minutes from the bench with Harrison getting time later in the season.

S

Show-n-go

Wouldn’t mind a centre pairing of Moeroa and Hunt

I’m unsure if Moeroa has come back to sit on the bench for the tahs is

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Bit salty about Maddocks leaving Melbourne, half of me wants to be selfish and petty. But seeing him in those potential back lines gets me excited and if I truly believe that he’s a Wallaby starting player, he needs to be a super starting player first and with a club he’s excited to be at. Good luck to him and hopefully he kills it.

S

Show-n-go

What are your guys thought on the following?

9. Gordon
10. Beale
11. Maddocks
12. Moeroa
13. Foketi
14. Clark
15. Hunt

If people aren’t sold on hunt at 13 I’d actually like to see Clark there, he can be very Conrad Smith like at times, surprising speed, solid defence and seems to be a SMART footballer

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
If people aren’t sold on hunt at 13 I’d actually like to see Clark there, he can be very Conrad Smith like at times, surprising speed, solid defence and seems to be a SMART footballer

Agree and centre was best position in 7s. Issue comes down to team needs and although it could be his best position he is needed on the wing at this stage more.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
Starting the season you'd imagine something like this

9. Gordon
10. Beale
11. Clark
12. Hunt
13. Forketi
14. Newscome
15. Maddocks

Can't say I'm too fond of that lineup. Hunt didn't impress me much last year, I was happier when he was off the field. And I think Beale's better suited to 12 than 10.

I dunno. Hopefully I'm wrong and Hunt has a great season, and Beale owns the role. Hopefully.