• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Fried_Chicken_and_Beer

Stan Wickham (3)
Was excited to see that the QPR 2020 draw was out on Rugby Xplorer.
To my dismay, I get the good old "Opps! We couldn't find any matches" error.

Any insight to see the draw would be greatly appreciated.

Just wanting to see what the 2020 Magpies Premiership season will look like. Cheers. :)

Hugh Jardon

Bob McCowan (2)
haha obviously don't know about much player movement in the off season. half the team has left souths, sunnybank - unless they import more players will be much the same, norths I think will be stronger than last year with picone influence, wests will be stronger, easts have lost a couple crucial players to overseas teams, bond I reckon might be a dark horse, souths will be young, brothers I think will be decent but the boys like harry and mcreight will be reds most the year, uni have lost a couple so will have a similar start to the season and finish strong and gps will be better than last year although have had a couple of crucial retirements. all in all will be another great season. I'm pumped

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
haha obviously don't know about much player movement in the off season. half the team has left souths, sunnybank - unless they import more players will be much the same, norths I think will be stronger than last year with picone influence, wests will be stronger, easts have lost a couple crucial players to overseas teams, bond I reckon might be a dark horse, souths will be young, brothers I think will be decent but the boys like harry and mcreight will be reds most the year, uni have lost a couple so will have a similar start to the season and finish strong and gps will be better than last year although have had a couple of crucial retirements. all in all will be another great season. I'm pumped

Do you have some player movement information to share?

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Do we know how much influence, if any, the growing USA domestic comp will have on player stocks? I saw a few of their team lists released last week and a couple more QPR boys there. Great opportunity for these guys but it is a concern if these new minnow nation professional comps grow, the QPR won’t have the resources to keep the star players in our comp

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Do we know how much influence, if any, the growing USA domestic comp will have on player stocks? I saw a few of their team lists released last week and a couple more QPR boys there. Great opportunity for these guys but it is a concern if these new minnow nation professional comps grow, the QPR won’t have the resources to keep the star players in our comp
Player managers ?

They have to get a gig, any names that the Reds have missed?

Connor Whelan

Frank Row (1)
Do you guys notice that the 5th Grade 4th Grade 3rd Grade 2nd Grade and Prem Grades Draws are all out on the Rugby Xplorer but not 6th Grades and the Normanby Cup draws why is that?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Do you guys notice that the 5th Grade 4th Grade 3rd Grade 2nd Grade and Prem Grades Draws are all out on the Rugby Xplorer but not 6th Grades and the Normanby Cup draws why is that?

Probably waiting for team nominations. Can be hit and miss at some clubs when trying to field down to 6th grade.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I remember seeing Alex Horan playing colts for UQ back around 2015 but how has he developed since then?

Good luck to him - he'll need it the Sunwolves are a tough gig.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
It’s a shame James Dalgleish’s father didn’t play for the wallabies

Horan is a couple of years younger than Dalgleish isn't he? Maybe Japanese Rugby see him as a decent long term prospect and could have him eligible to play for Japan at the next World Cup, when he's in his 'prime'? I know thats a lot of forward thinking but I'm trying to justify it, as I also agree Dalgleish would have been worth a shot.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
the difference is probably that Horan has been playing over there hasn't he? It'd just be an awareness thing

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Horan is a couple of years younger than Dalgleish isn't he? Maybe Japanese Rugby see him as a decent long term prospect and could have him eligible to play for Japan at the next World Cup, when he's in his 'prime'? I know thats a lot of forward thinking but I'm trying to justify it, as I also agree Dalgleish would have been worth a shot.

When James Moore headed to Japan he would not have been at the top of the list of QPR players capable of playing Test rugby but he went to Japan to play club rugby and then got picked up by the Sunwolves - certainly not beyond Horan to rise up and play for Japan @ RWC23

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hopefully we get a bit of player movement updates in coming days. Preseason rugby post Christmas break is when the seasoned veterans return to action looking to shed their Festive season bulking program.