• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby Draft - Super Rugby 2020

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Can't seem to join - guess I missed the boat.

I just set up a new league - GAGR2

They've made a change this year, I've set it up so you have to pick all 15 players, rather than the 10 players plus a front row cop out option.

All welcome!

PS I've just seen how to change the scoring system, open to feed back on that. For now I'll change to to the same as the suggestions on the previous page and agree with -1 for a missed kick

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
where do you see the number of players (15 v 10) that has to be set? I want to make sure we gave it set for the full 15 too

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I can't find how to change it now, but it was an option when I was setting the league up. If you go to 'how to play' it's there under team formation. Suggest you contact them and see if they can change it for you. All I can seem to change now is the number of bench players under the 'manage' tab.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, so it would seem I can't change it now and must have overlooked it when I set it up.

So we can change the scoring but the squad size / structure will the same as previous years.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
The GAGR2 league is now full up as well. I’ve set the draft time for 7pm AEDT next Thursday 23rd, if there’s a mass uproar about that I’ll change it but if it’s onły 1 or 2 we will run with it, players who use the auto pick option inevitably end up with a few stars in their squad anyway and there is ample opportunity to tinker with your squad before the first round. The only thing I would ask is that if you log on to the draft that you actually participate in it, it’s a real pain in the arse for everyone to have to wait 3 minutes every time a non-participating player has to make a selection and then it ends up being an auto pick anyway.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Yeah I've done quite well with the auto picks in the past so it's not the end of the world if you go down that path.

John S

Desmond Connor (43)
Every other year I've had something on when the pick happens, so got the auto pick, which hasn't always been that horrid.

And I'll be doing the same this year - going to help the better half pack up from camping next Thursday (yes, she's camping while I'm stuck here at work)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
For those in GAGR2, the recommendation for the 15 man game was to use the Fox fantasy scoring and this was offered as a default, so I did that and then did some minor tinkering. There doesn't look to be anything controversial, I'll be interested if other participants can see the scoring system and would welcome feedback, otherwise we will just run with it.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
We are running a league looking for another two active players. We've made some major scoring changes (things like OB tries +7 while a L is +15). Join if you are keen

Private League
Name: SAYŌNARA MOON DOGGIES
Password: Sunwolves

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
We are running a league looking for another two active players. We've made some major scoring changes (things like OB tries +7 while a L is +15). Join if you are keen

Private League
Name: SAYŌNARA MOON DOGGIES
Password: Sunwolves

Rugby Magazine fantasy is nowhere near its funding goal so I bowed to the inevitable and signed up to this league. I looked at Superbru but it's a no-salary system which means by round 5 every team is full of the same handful of players, which rather takes the fun out of it. So I'll give Draft a go this year.

There seems to be very limited info on the league pre-draft though - any chance you could post the full scoring system? Is it an 11 player or 15 player game? How many bench?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rugby Magazine fantasy is nowhere near its funding goal so I bowed to the inevitable and signed up to this league. I looked at Superbru but it's a no-salary system which means by round 5 every team is full of the same handful of players, which rather takes the fun out of it. So I'll give Draft a go this year.

There seems to be very limited info on the league pre-draft though - any chance you could post the full scoring system? Is it an 11 player or 15 player game? How many bench?

11 player and 6 bench. Scoring is designed to make players score more evenly.

Tries - (OB) +7, (M, FH, HB, LF, FR) +10, (L) +15
Try Assists - (All) 5+
Metres - (OB, M, FH, HB) +1 per 15m, (LF, L) +1 per 10m, (FR) +1 per 5m
Clean Breaks - (OB, M, FH, HB, LF) +3, (L, FR) +5
Defenders Beaten - (OB, M, FH, HB, LF) +3, (L, FR) +5
Offloads - (All) 3+
Turnovers Won - (OB, M, FH, HB) +5, (LF,L, FR) +3
Turnovers Conceded - (All) -2
Penalties Conceded - (All) -3
Tackles Made - (OB) +3, (M, FH, HB) +2, (LF, L, FR) +1
Tackles Missed - (All) -2
Lineout Steals - (OB, M, FH, HB, FR) +7, (LF,L) +4
Penalty Goals - (OB, M, FH, HB) +3, (LF, L, FR) +7
Conversions - (OB, M, FH, HB) +2, (LF, L, FR) +7
Drop Goals - (OB, M, FH, HB) +3, (LF, L, FR) +7
Yellow Cars - (All) -10
Red Cards - (All) -20
Missed Goals - (All) -1
Catch from a Kick - (All) +1
Scrum Won Penalty - (FR) +2
Passes (All) +1 per 5
Lineouts Won Own Throw - (OB, M, FH, HB) +7, (LF,L) +2, (FR) +3
Minutes Played - (All) +1 per 20mins
Bad Passes - (All) -1
Runs - (All) +1

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm going to have auto pick going. Somethings come up and I won't make the actual draft.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
how'd everyone go? I have too many players who I don't recognise in my squad. Could be a good thing I guess.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
You've done well Reg, managed to get a full raft of replacement outside backs and then some.

I'm happy with my team so far but players are always so much better before the season starts and they go get -3 points.