• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Few clues
- LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) listed with the locks
- Stewart listed with the centres

I’m genuinely excited to see Stewart at 12 outside of Lucas.

I think LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at lock might be a forced selection without Rodda still in rehab and Hockings out with a niggle. He can play at lock and did a number of times for the Reds in 2019, whether they see that as his best position in the team is a bit early though.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
The Queensland NRC commentary was the best I reckon. That Jaybor and Martin Lippiat guy are fantastic commentators IMO.

I enjoyed Jaybor's commentary, he's been on the QLD circuit for a few years now I believe, did a few QPR games of the week a couple years ago. I think he would be a great Super Rugby commentator once he took a step towards being slightly more serious, but without losing his personality.

Too bad fox sports are going and culling so much of their rugby content, he probably won't get a chance.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
I enjoyed Jaybor's commentary, he's been on the QLD circuit for a few years now I believe, did a few QPR games of the week a couple years ago. I think he would be a great Super Rugby commentator once he took a step towards being slightly more serious, but without losing his personality.

Too bad fox sports are going and culling so much of their rugby content, he probably won't get a chance.
Spot on it is a real shame that Fox is cutting so much rugby content. It would be great to hear a Lippiat or Jaybor calling Super Rugby and personally I would like to hear new voices on the coverage. Unpopular opinion but I'm over Greg Clark I want a fresh voice calling the game.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting to hear that Farrell will be playing 7 in the trial today. Was recorded as the quickest forward in the team during the pre-season.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
Rodda, Petaia, Speight, Hoopert, Smith, McReight and Hocking's the notable exclusions

Today's Australian reports McReight has a dislocated thumb and might miss the SA/Arg tour. Hockings broke his hand in training but should be fit for the tour.

And not that you mention him, but Michael Wood has severed tendons in his foot after stepping on broken glass last year, and will be out long-term.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Today's Australian reports McReight has a dislocated thumb and might miss the SA/Arg tour. Hockings broke his hand in training but should be fit for the tour.

And not that you mention him, but Michael Wood has severed tendons in his foot after stepping on broken glass last year, and will be out long-term.

Bloody hell. What a shame but I suppose he's still a pup, one season won't be too bad. He must be gutted poor fella. I was looking forward to seeing him get some good game time this year.