• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Never felt less enthused by a season of Super Rugby. Hopefully the Tahs can pull something interesting out of the arses.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
When the names leaving was announced I was expecting to be seeing a fresh new team pretty much. I'm surprised how many names I'm seeing in the lineup that give me full confidence.

It's not so much the lineup that has me asking questions about this season, more the coach now. It's been made to sound like they're taking a very different coaching & playing strategy which will take some time to adjust to, so I'm wondering how that will effect the scorelines as the players transition.

Even if this year is bad, I do like the direction being taken and I'm OK sacrificing this season for future gains. But as always, I'll be cheering our boys on and for any and all wins possible.

B

Bobby Sands

Charlie Gamble is a cracker, he and Kemeny really shone for me that day in the NRC when they touched up QLD Country on the American Football ground in Rose Bay.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Charlie Gamble is a cracker, he and Kemeny really shone for me that day in the NRC when they touched up QLD Country on the American Football ground in Rose Bay.

I just read a blurb about Gamble on rugby.com.au, it talks about him being the only player to have stepped up from subbies to the Soup. What about Hugh Pyle????

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
BH, we’ve had plenty of Scots old boys recently, but a long time since one has really cracked it. Who was the last Wallaby, Tom Bowman?

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah. I’m here with a 5 year old which is affecting my concentration somewhat.

Nawaqanitawase Is looking good for the Tahs and Lachie Swinton looks to have bulked up a bit as well. Considering the conditions I think handling has been pretty good.

It’s very much a trial though lots of throwing it around.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Gee - it’s only a trial, but surely the big thing a Tahs fan would want is for the young guys to look like the my can handle running with the big boys. On that scale, I’d assume Tahs fans would be very happy.

Harrison, Bell & Tizzano all good. Nawaqanitawase looks a bit real gun on the rise.

Managing a full professional season is always a test, but they can’t start much better than they have.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Gee - it’s only a trial, but surely the big thing a Tahs fan would want is for the young guys to look like the my can handle running with the big boys. On that scale, I’d assume Tahs fans would be very happy.

Harrison, Bell & Tizzano all good. Nawaqanitawase looks a bit real gun on the rise.

Managing a full professional season is always a test, but they can’t start much better than they have.

Maybe you're right but I don't think that as a fan you learn anything about a season from the first trial. The coaches probably do but us fans not so much. If you can get any statistical correlation between the first trial and the season over the last ten years I would be dead-set shocked.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Maybe you're right but I don't think that as a fan you learn anything about a season from the first trial. The coaches probably do but us fans not so much. If you can get any statistical correlation between the first trial and the season over the last ten years I would be dead-set shocked.
Lol - fair enough.

Certainly one good trial is no guarantee for success in the longer term.

But the fact they went out and played so we’ll surely has to be more positive then if they had gone out and got found short.

I’m pretty excited about this crop of youngsters. I’ve got no doubts that some of them will show some early flash and then never quite kick on, but they definitely seem the most promising set of juniors we’ve had for 20 odd years and NSW has a good portion of them.