• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial - Tahs vs Highlanders @ Leichhardt - Friday 17/1/20 @6.45pm

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Been at the game at leichardt as near home for me - mark at 15 shown he is a talent

Mack mason doing all right - trying things - yes he deserves more game time

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Anyone want to argue that Mack Mason should be getting more game time after this?

Something odd going on between Mason and Hunt. Positioning is odd leaving too much depth in the second pass even though Mack isn’t particularly deep. Like Hunts touches though.

9, 14 and 15 have been fabulous.

Edit also the game plan seems wide early, Mack has played his role.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Being at the game tonight at leichardt oval the one thing I will observe that was evident with the players was that after the intial two tries by the Highlanders there was really good energy in the Tahs game.

Just really positive rugby in defence and attack...

Glad i made the effort to go along although leichardt oval close to home, also did the meet and greet with the Tahs players after the game and had a chat wtih Kurtley and Karmichael

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Being at the game tonight at leichardt oval the one thing I will observe that was evident with the players was that after the intial two tries by the Highlanders there was really good energy in the Tahs game.

Just really positive rugby in defence and attack.

Glad i made the effort to go along although leichardt oval close to home, also did the meet and greet with the Tahs players after the game and had a chat wtih Kurtley and Karmichael

Does that make you RugbyKnutter in future?

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Watching the game I thought Tafa went well at lock, some strong defence and hard runs.

Mark Nawaqanitawase was brilliant. Great under the highball, fast, strong and never stopped.

Bell was a monster in attack and defence.

Carlo Tizzano is another who played well. Smashing everything in defence and ran hard.

The forwards went well. Dominated the scrum hit and ran hard. They all look like they had put on weight. Miracle what happens when forwards are allowed to be big and strong....

Don't want to rush some of these kids but some good early signs.

McCauley seemed to play most the match. Penney seemed to be giving him a big chance to show what he has. He played pretty well and dare I say it looked a bit bigger?