• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Just re the Tongan Thor thing, I seriously saw him down there like 2 days ago so he's definitely at Wests

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Just re the Tongan Thor thing, I seriously saw him down there like 2 days ago so he's definitely at Wests

Don’t get my hopes up again.
Photo proof in a doggies polo singing “take me home” and then that will be my confirmation.

I have actually seen Thor at wests on multiple occasions (when brothers were playing elsewhere) his friends with a lot of the Polynesian boys down there... so I wouldn’t read too much into him hanging around the kennel.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Clubs also need to have respect - probs not at Crosby Road though which I guess is why the us vs them mentality exists with every other club. What’s new? Brothers recruit another star so it’ll be interesting to see how many of their teams choke again in 2020..last year must have had a huge air of disappointment given the programme they run.

Oracle83 - didn't have the same disgust/outrage when Thor was (momentarily) going to Wests?? ;)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)

Nemani Nadolo and Lote Tuiquiri were spotted training down at GPS a number of years ago. Neither of them were ever going to play for the club though. Just because he's around the place doesn't mean he's definitely playing. Could be wrong though.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Oracle83 - didn't have the same disgust/outrage when Thor was (momentarily) going to Wests?? ;)

It must have stemmed from the continual perception that the QRU pushes players towards Brothers. I guess they needed to give them another after the centre from Sydney went back mid way through last year.
That and the judiciary treating Brothers players so leniently over many years.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ah
It must have stemmed from the continual perception that the QRU pushes players towards Brothers. I guess they needed to give them another after the centre from Sydney went back mid way through last year.
That and the judiciary treating Brothers players so leniently over many years.

Ah Mr Cordingley & Mr Tully

Fried_Chicken_and_Beer

Stan Wickham (3)
Best match day tucker available at the grounds of QPR?

Haven't been for some time but recall the steak burgers at Crosby Road went down a treat after a match.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
easy
Best match day tucker available at the grounds of QPR?

Haven't been for some time but recall the steak burgers at Crosby Road went down a treat after a match.

Easy mate. Souths Burger pulled pork, bacon egg and chips all in a burger.
followed by North’s GPS. Easts

Sunnybank Wests and Bond use contractors.
I got food poisoning at Brothers so they get last.

Finals at Ballymore are even worse as it is Rubbish and overpriced.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
That Souths Burger sounds bloody good.

Obviously going to be a lot of bias in these favourite recommendations but Meat at Billy’s put on a pig on the spit and do pulled pork burgers a few times a year down at GPS home games. If you can brave heading over to the Glue Factory it’s definitely worth your while.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
After watching the Reds v Rebels trial games yesterday was wondering what would potentially happen with players like Pat Morrey from the Rebels?

If he doesn’t make the final squad , does he stay down in Melbourne and train , or does he get sent back to play QPR?

Is there sufficient quality in the Melbourne club comp for the Rebels fringe players?

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
After watching the Reds v Rebels trial games yesterday was wondering what would potentially happen with players like Pat Morrey from the Rebels?

If he doesn’t make the final squad , does he stay down in Melbourne and train , or does he get sent back to play QPR?

Is there sufficient quality in the Melbourne club comp for the Rebels fringe players?

Unfortunately they usually end up in the Shute Shield as those clubs spring for the airfare and accommodation.
Melb comp from what I have heard is solid Reggie’s level to third grade.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
So where will brothers play/train whilst they build their new clubhouse? It’s a 18 month job so realistically they’ll only be hindered for one full rugby calendar year.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Staged project, so no need to move games /training. Top oval has already been levelled and relaid. Still a small drop away towards AB field but not as bad as previous. Bottom oval to be done end of this year. New lights on both. Terracing for bottom oval happening now (I think from driving past). New clubhouse to be built between the ovals and then the old one gets the bulldozer.

So where will brothers play/train whilst they build their new clubhouse? It’s a 18 month job so realistically they’ll only be hindered for one full rugby calendar year.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Thanks girthbysea.

I hope for more renderings of the project as it’s hard to invision this project and how it won’t effect the use of 2 rugby fields with one of the stronger clubs in terms of teams submitted into QRU grades.