• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Jerseys; the good, the bad and the ugly

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Can we just settle this once and for all. Best jersey by a mile is Brisbane Grammar first 15 - navy blue with sky blur collar, closely followed by Sydney Grammar first 15 - black eith gold collar. Don't bother about replying.

The Sydney Grammar Strip is almost Identical to the one worn - with a great deal more distinction - by St. Patricks' College, Strathfield... I always liked Strathfield's 'non-Firsts' strip in particular, too - Black with thin Blue and Gold Hoops - very 'Rugby', and and have not seen many quite the same.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
PHOTO AS ABOVE POST

Attachments

• RugbySNR.jpg
    RugbySNR.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,202

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Literally just an old Sea Eagles jersey

Canterbury-Alternate-Kit-Richard-Wigglesworth.jpg

Canterbury and the RFU have unveiled England’s new change strip for the coming season. The shirt is inspired by the iconic ‘The Battle of the Roses: Yorkshire v Lancashire’ painting from the late 19th century, in front of which Richard Wigglesworth is standing in the above photo.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Soap Dodgers have had some shockers recently.

Obviously out to cash in on the Tragic Collectors who MUST have the latest offering.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I quite like it. There are only so many white jerseys that you can own so they need to bring in some colour. Better than the black ones they used at the RWC.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd like to see them in London Olympics Purple.

The Pommie 7's team jumper designer must be in the footy fashion vanguard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd love to see an Hawaiian team jumper in the traditional Hawaii Bad Shirt format. Might have to get googling.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tuvalu

Z1314TRU002.jpg

The Tuvalu Rugby Union (the "TRU") was officially established in 2007 and has since attained full membership of FORU (Federation of Oceania Rugby Unions) and Associate Membership status of the IRB (International Rugby Board).

Inspired by the breath-taking pacific sunset, the Tuvalu Rugby Union Away Jersey is an explosion of bright colour, fusing orange into yellow on the body. Across the chest of the jersey are the sublimated Tuvalu Rugby Union crest and the Tuvalu coat of arms, which is a shield with a golden border decorated in a pattern with eight mussels, eight banana leaves and a hut beneath a blue sky on green grounds. Beneath the ground are stylised depictions in blue and gold of ocean waves. The BMC sponsor logo is sublimated on the front of the jersey.

The jersey is complemented by a subtle silver and white ocean wave motif which runs from the shoulder joints to the underarm panels, as well as a traditional Polynesian tribal thatch pattern which is incorporated into the armbands and the right shoulder joint. As a finishing touch, the Tuvalu flag features proudly on the left sleeve.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
On the topic of Wallabies jerseys, does anybody else think that if they brought out a classic design similar to the 1984 grand slam design/colour, or the 91 world cup design/colour, people would appreciate it more and be more inclined to buy it? I know I would.

The reason I went with 84 or 91 is because that's when I feel the Wallabies really struck a chord with people and kind of came of age (or maybe it's just me).

I'm not sure if this has been said elsewhere, but I wonder if the Wallabies jersey remained consistent (like the AFL jerseys do) then people would actually identify with it more. The jersey would be more sacred and inspiring to players and fans. And it could even be marketed better. Wouldn't that be an advantage to companies trying to sell it?

What do others think?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Not sure why they've gone with black cuffs for the sleeves. Makes it look uneven and wrong.
18949.jpg

I agree Chiefton, the cuffs had to be red, to match the neckband. But what would I know? Fashion designers think bib-and-brace overalls make women look sexy.