• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I have not heard that Daugunu got cited? Is that an automatic on a red card? Spose it will be tomorrow before we learn about Daugunu's punishment?

He better sort his shit out fast, we can't afford to have him missing games. The worst thing is that up until that moment, it was one of the most disciplined team performances I'd seen from the Reds in a while.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well on this basis we are going to have Daugunu available for 1 game per couple of months. And that is not a value proposition no matter how good he is. 5 min to go in an easily won game that was a trial. Late as well as highly dangerous.

There is a place for this bloke for sure, but as he doesn’t to have any basic respect for his fellow players you have to wonder where it goes.

Sort your shit Daugunu.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Petaia, Speight and Hoopert set to get a run against the Tahs in Dalby.
Hockings, Smith, Rodda and McReight still out with injury.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well on this basis we are going to have Daugunu available for 1 game per couple of months. And that is not a value proposition no matter how good he is. 5 min to go in an easily won game that was a trial. Late as well as highly dangerous.

There is a place for this bloke for sure, but as he doesn’t to have any basic respect for his fellow players you have to wonder where it goes.

Sort your shit Daugunu.

That is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in this place. What makes you say he has no basic respect for his fellow players? What a shit thing to say.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Does anyone know the name of the youtube clip that was a hype video for Reds v Force a few years back. It was the "lets roll these C@*#s" team talk then highlights of the Reds destroying the Force.

Have looked for it but cannot find it, I don't know i it has been removed but if anyone has a link, please share it.

Thanks

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in this place. What makes you say he has no basic respect for his fellow players? What a shit thing to say.

Is it s shit thing to have said? Maybe. It definitely what a shit thing to have done. And he definitely needs a kick up the arse. Hopefully he sorts his shit out. There was no call for that tackle under any circumstances, and definitely not in this circumstance.

I'm going to stand by it for now, lack of respect by the bloke and he needs to get his head into a different space.

Shit thing to say? Shit thing to do?

Daugunu - take it forward.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Does anyone know the name of the youtube clip that was a hype video for Reds v Force a few years back. It was the "lets roll these C@*#s" team talk then highlights of the Reds destroying the Force.

Have looked for it but cannot find it, I don't know i it has been removed but if anyone has a link, please share it.

Thanks

Don't have that one, just Van's chat:

Assistant coach at the Force nowadays.

B

Bobby Sands

Is it s shit thing to have said? Maybe. It definitely what a shit thing to have done. And he definitely needs a kick up the arse. Hopefully he sorts his shit out. There was no call for that tackle under any circumstances, and definitely not in this circumstance.

I'm going to stand by it for now, lack of respect by the bloke and he needs to get his head into a different space.

Shit thing to say? Shit thing to do?

Daugunu - take it forward.

Rugby doesn’t work like that brother!

Like all combative situations, collisions are almost entirely reactive and intuitive.

Does he need to break the habit? Absolutely.

Did he intend to do that? Especially when vying for a very crowded wing spot? No.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
For all the talk of the depth we’ve built, the current injury list shows the perils of super rugby.

If Smith, Fotuaika, Rodda & Hockings all miss the starting game against the Brumbies our bench will be decidedly weaker. Finishers have become so important in the modern game - and it’ll be especially the case in the opening rounds being played mid-summer. Any ideas who the next cab off the rank will be at prop & lock? Potentially Zander after his game at Gladstone. He did some good things but seemed to struggle with pace.

One more injury at either lock or prop and we could really be exposed (although I am hoping that all those injuries are minor and players either will be ready for round 1 or back quickly).

On the flip side, it does show the value in Thorn’s approach to bringing local QPR players on. He seems to very genuinely want to ID talent and develop it to compete at super level. If it does happen that one of them is called on it’s still going to be a big step up, - but then again it is also a great opportunity. Jock Campbell was well down the pecking order last year and he’s grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Thanks

It brings so much joy and happiness.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
For all the talk of the depth we’ve built, the current injury list shows the perils of super rugby.

If Smith, Fotuaika, Rodda & Hockings all miss the starting game against the Brumbies our bench will be decidedly weaker. Finishers have become so important in the modern game - and it’ll be especially the case in the opening rounds being played mid-summer. Any ideas who the next cab off the rank will be at prop & lock? Potentially Zander after his game at Gladstone. He did some good things but seemed to struggle with pace.

One more injury at either lock or prop and we could really be exposed (although I am hoping that all those injuries are minor and players either will be ready for round 1 or back quickly).

On the flip side, it does show the value in Thorn’s approach to bringing local QPR players on. He seems to very genuinely want to ID talent and develop it to compete at super level. If it does happen that one of them is called on it’s still going to be a big step up, - but then again it is also a great opportunity. Jock Campbell was well down the pecking order last year and he’s grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

Also goes to show how absurd the comments were that LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) should go to the Tahs for the benefit of everyone, it only takes one injury and all of a sudden the depth looks short, you need 23 players to win a game and 32 players to win a championship.

Rodda should be back for Rd 1, and Hoopert is back for this trial match, but Rd 1 will be hard work against the Brumbies scrum, they really need Smith back. Until then; Hoopert and Tupou to start, Zander and Feao off the bench.

LHP: Hoopert, Zander
THP: Tupou, Feao

Injured: Fotuaika, Smith

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Sort your shit Daugunu.

I don’t think it’s a lack of respect, rather a combination poor tackling technique and his ridiculous explosive strength.
Absolutely the onus is on the individual to improve that technique, but I don’t think there is any malicious intent with his tackling.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
There are very few things I abhor on the field: squirrel gripping, rucking to the head and spear tacking. It is poor and/or careless technique full stop. You know if you are tipping someone. Anyone who's played the game would know the feeling.

Mug Punter

Ward Prentice (10)
Highly doubt Hoopert will play despite yesterday’s article on rugby.com.au... just not fit enough yet after injury. He is our best loosehead and will be starting by Round 2 at the latest I’d imagine if heathy.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Any news on when McReight is expected to be ok to play?

Has been in a splint, dislocated thumbs aren't my specialty.

Only an injury away from what was a stacked backrow looking thin, at least at openside.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Any news on when McReight is expected to be ok to play?

Has been in a splint, dislocated thumbs aren't my specialty.

Only an injury away from what was a stacked backrow looking thin, at least at openside.

Apparently McReight went to a orthopedic surgeon re his thumb.
She asked him what was the problem, to which he replied,
"I've got a crook thumb, can you make it better before the season starts?"
She replied that there was only one possible way to heal it in time, she said,
"Put your thumb up my bum". She manouvered around, and said for him to proceed.
After some movement, she yelled,
"Oi, that's not my bum" to which McReight replied,
"Ha, that's not my thumb":D