• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Trial Rebels v Brumbies 23JAN20 Greenfield Park Albury 345pm

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
Game thoughts:
- I actually thought the starting Brumbies 10 looked quite decent.
- Brumbies depth good to see.
- Kata looked damaging
- Pleased with the Rebels homegrown talent, the young ones look up to standard
- Deegan put in a better shift than last week
- Still don't think To'omua is a quality 10

DCtarget

1. Yes, I agree finally they have a great young number 10 who is solid, exciting to watch and very skilful. Who knows how to win, the depth having the Kuenzle and Reesjan are great back up and balances and compliments all of their different styles of play.
2. Great depth, not seen this since back in early 90s, keep these young players coming and they should come close of winning another Super Title.
3. Kata is going to be unstoppable, he is going to be a great asset once he get more game time. He is a wrecking BULL.
4. Rebels young guns, are all very promising and good for the Rebels and Australia rugby, having their province strong.
5. Deegan, will play more solid once their forward pack go forward and gel together.
6. Tooomua, experience on the park lifts their backs and team.

Rugby Supporter 14

Stan Wickham (3)
Think he threw the pass to put Neville in for a try. Otherwise, didn't have much opportunity to show his wares.

Reesjan is still fresh and has, had a good taste of pre-season and will be very good for the brumbies franchise. Didn't get much opportunities but didn't let anyone down on defence, playing at the position 12.
I hear Kuenzle, had a great pre-season and compliment his skills with the team when he is on.
Kuenzle
or Noah will start at some stage, this is good for Brumbies rugby to have these too good young players fighting for their position, especially when they both can play 10 or 12.
Discussing with a number of brumbies supporter's they said they where worried about Rob Val work rate playing loose, sometime he goes missing and feel he doesn't do enough work on the field? and another topic was
about our wingers are strong runners but sometimes are missing on defence, hopefully sort this out against the Reds, they mention having Mac or Andy to start instead?
I saw Ryan kicking when Kuenzl was on, does this mean the brumbies prefer Ryan ahead of Joel to start because of his kicking?
It will be interesting what the starting 15 and reserves will be for Friday night game against the Reds?