• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What do you want to see in Super rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok, I suggesting this is not about what you think will happen, but what you would LIKE to see happen.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And I will start off with one.;
I would love to see Akira Ioane actually play to his potential, and earn a spot in the ABs because he is really fit etc ,and gets rid of his lazy streak. I not really a Blues man, but as I have always said if he worked his arse off, got real fit and motivated he could be world class!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
referees have diminishing influence on the game and TMO NO influence at all

Go along with that SP, think a lot of that will come form players having the skills so that refs don't need to blow their whistles , and add that fans stop blaming the refs when they don't get outcome they want!
Would be content like you if TMOs weren't actually in existence!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus to make the playoffs. Purely for our Dismal friend's GIF's/ anime/ whatever it is you call what he does so very, very well.

Followed, of course, by a brutal thrashing at the hands of Tasman's finest (plus a few Cantabs) in said playoff. Purely for our Dismal friend's GIFs/ anime/ whatever it is you call what he does so very, very well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I want to see all four Aussie teams finish above the Saffas on the table. I am not a fan of the way the overseas players can still play for the Bokke at the expense of the Super competition.

S

Show-n-go

Aussie teams to smash the saffas

Reds v brumbies final, failing that crusaders just not winning it

Blues to lead the NZ franchises

Sunwolves to go out in style winning a number of games

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'd like the SA teams punching above their weight, with hopefully one SA finalist in the mix. Coupled with that a rise in crowd numbers to sustain the euphoria from a few months back.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Larger home crowds.
Aus youngsters to surprise even the greatest expectations.
Reds to have the best discipline record in the comp.
Scrums to be allowed to scrum.
Three new Aus 10s to be 1,2 and 3 choice for the WBs.
Women’s 15s to push on.
Force to keep proving a point.
QPR to provide an enthralling local comp. Tigers to surprise.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would like to say I hope the Canes make finals, tough to be fair even as a Canes man that could be stretching it a bit this year!

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is the last year for the Stormers and Western Province at Newlands, ever. They are making that their driving force to make a push for that good old stadium and the names that have graced its pitches since 1888.

Reactions: dru

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Loss Bleus to make the playoffs.

Followed, of course, by a brutal thrashing at the hands of Tasman's finest (plus a few Cantabs) in said playoff.

sopranos7_zpsdcoilfaf.gif

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A few Aussie 10s to really stamp their dominance, by year's end we'll all be laughing about the glut of 10s we have, similar to 7s.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
My 10 point wish list.

1) The young no. 10s grab the jerseys with both hands (Harrison, Lolesio, Lucas, Deegan et al);
2) Harry Wilson to springboard his Junior Wallabies and NRC form into Super Rugby (and a potential Wallabies call up);
3) Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) Nawaqanitawase top Tah's try scorer of the year & Tah's rookie of the year;
4) Jordan Petaia, Rob Valetini and Jordan Ulese getting through the season uninjured and with substantial minutes under their belts;
5) Matt Philip, Darcy Swain, Harry Hockings & Angus Blythe to duke it out for second row supremacy and to put their hands up to fill the Arnold / Coleman hole;
6) At least two Aussie teams in the finals;
7) At least Aussie team making the GF;
8) 3 or 4 genuine bolters into the Wallabies Camp through sensation Super form;
9) Increase in % wins against NZ & SA teams; and,
10) More bums on seats than last year.