• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
I suspect LD would still be at the kennel had he not lived on the coast. His been making the commute 3 times a week to don the green and gold. I blame Trump for rising oil prices & that GC to Sylvan road trip not being cheap on the hippocket

Nucifora would be playing Reggies. LD by far the better talent.

Well actually LD could play 10. It will be the last memory us bulldogs will have had of him when he led a clinic at Souths in last round of season last year. (Gordon was injured) Liam looked really good at 10 even though I imagine it’s not his preferred position.

Well he will be happy to be playing the Magpies in round 1! Ominous signs for the Magpies if that’s the case!
Dillon is a great pick up for Bond... They might be the big movers!

Crusher

Ward Prentice (10)
Does Nucifora play @ 10 & Dillon @ 9?
Word is Nucifora is not at Bond in 2020
I wouldn't think Dillon would want to play Reggies for Bond.

What if any affect in his decision to play for Bond - was his involvement for the Bond Uni Qld Country NRC side play in his decision?

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Who was the Bond #10 last year? Was is Dion T??

I rate Dillon over Nucifora but Nucifora was the Bond Skipper last year and is his father is still involved at the club?

You are going to have both of them in Premier grade - just a question of where they fit them in?

Could Nucifora play @ #15?

Dane Gleebles

Frank Row (1)
Tongan Thor spotted at west’s again for the second time this month. The big fella has been caught bowling right arm off swingers at the annual west’s cricket Day. Too further confirm this club swap he gave us a Westside gang sign and barked at us. #thedogsarecominghome

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
If we can indulge for a minute and take it as a given that Tamiela Tupou does play at Wests this year lets put it in perspective the Bulldogs will have to do most of it without him and then if he's in the Wallabies (which you would think he would be) then he probably doesn't play a QPR game this season.

I find what I am about to write really hard but I think for the sake of club loyalty (he has been very loyal to Brothers & he's won a premiership there) he should stay at Crosby.

I can't bag Hamish Stewart for leaving Bond and then support TT for leaving Brothers for Wests.

Having said that I'll cheer for TT if he ever does one of his famous demolishion charges wearing the G&G Harleqin.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah doesn’t make much sense fo the Wallabies to swap clubs, at best he may contribute one or two games if they send him to club land for some fitness.

On the other hand, its the fringe wallaby and super rugby squad members who will really influence the QPR this year, Super Rugby squad members could conceivably be back full time with the clubs from 30th May, so getting 8 games in club land before the finals.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
8 is a lot - but positive thinking has Reds making finals and then the compulsory rest time so I think it will be more like 4 weeks pre-finals.

They never return when you think they might.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Who was the Bond #10 last year? Was is Dion T??

I rate Dillon over Nucifora but Nucifora was the Bond Skipper last year and is his father is still involved at the club?

You are going to have both of them in Premier grade - just a question of where they fit them in?

Could Nucifora play @ #15?

Apparently Nucifora has moved to Sydney for work. Will potentially link with Easts

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
I hear Easts and Bond Uni are entering Women's 15 in the QPR which means now all team in the competition have a women's XV team for the first time?
Womens Premier Rugby 2020 draw more or less reflects the Mens, so both teams should be playing same day right after each other.

I feel like this is especially exciting as the national and state bodies have been really pushing 7s rugby and development path ways for women. I'm guessing because traditionally they have played various forms of touch rugby and they felt like the skills transition was easier.

Really good to see the 15s growing.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wonder if its also funding related... hard to get single sex (esp. Male) government sports funding these days.
Unless of course you are in Adelaide;)

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I wonder if its also funding related. hard to get single sex (esp. Male) government sports funding these days.
Unless of course you are in Adelaide;)

Mate The ladies are taking up the game at a great rate. Bond are in the AON 7 comp so it makes sense. Good news all around.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Agreed 100%. Simply stating its extra motivation to get a team together. It wouldn't be easy starting a 15's team from scratch.
Having a 7s program already obviously is a massive start.

PPRugby

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is it close enough to games now that some 2020 predictions start to come out;

1. Premiers?
- Brothers

2. Top 4?
GPS
Brothers
UQ
Easts

3. Alec Evan’s Medal Winner?

Mitch Third

4. Colts?
UQ

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The Bond girls scored the back page of the Gold Coast Bulletin yesterday. I don't think there's a way to check but it may well be the first time women's rugby has ever been a back page story in a Queensland daily newspaper.

Online version of the story is available here: http://bit.ly/36tMmvf
Bond Girls backpage.JPG