• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1 2020: Brumbies v Reds

B

Bobby Sands

I think the Reds are a good shot of beating the Brumbies, and I hope they do it route 1 through the strongmen (no longer fatties) and the tall men - before spinning to the smart men. Maul defence is an obvious concern, but I can't help but feel Thorn has been thinking about this match up for a few months. The Brumbies are established, and the Reds are looking to breakout - but at least we should have a sold understanding of the game style to prepare for. Reds by 7.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tragic, it won't surprise me at all if the game is canceled and the points shared. Heat will be unreal, smoke still causing respiratory problems and fires on the outskirts. Must be about 50/50 atm I think.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
At this stage it'll go ahead. It would take a deterioration of conditions for it to be canned. If it's hot they'll just break it down to a drinks break at 20 mins.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I think the Reds are a good shot of beating the Brumbies, and I hope they do it route 1 through the strongmen (no longer fatties) and the tall men - before spinning to the smart men. Maul defence is an obvious concern, but I can't help but feel Thorn has been thinking about this match up for a few months. The Brumbies are established, and the Reds are looking to breakout - but at least we should have a sold understanding of the game style to prepare for. Reds by 7.
The Reds are a promising shot. My airfares prices better pay off.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
SANZAAR have issued a ‘air quality protocol’ as to whether the game will proceed, points will be shared if cancelled.

“ As bushfires flare up around Canberra again, SANZAAR is keeping a close watch on expected conditions for the Brumbies-Queensland Super Rugby game on Friday night and will employ never-before-used air quality protocols to determine whether the match will go ahead.

SANZAAR on Tuesday night issued all clubs with its new air quality guidelines, developed in conjunction with Rugby Australia, the Australian Institute of Sport and World Rugby. Details will not be released to the public until today, but the fact that a policy is now formally in place could force SANZAAR’s hand if the situation deteriorates.

No decision is likely to be made until the day of the match but, at that late stage, there would be only two possible decisions that could be made — either to go ahead with the game or to cancel it.”

“The protocols also dictate what would happen if a wind change suddenly blew smoke over the match venue, GIO Stadium, and made conditions unbearable for the players. If a match has progressed to the second half and cannot be completed, the winner would be declared the team in front at the time but it is understood if a stoppage was forced before halftime then the points again would be shared.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/c7b5d8a33a57e7febba6ac4dbee52ee7

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
First Aussie team line up of the year! God work is slow.
1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Angus Blyth – Bond University
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright © – Easts
8. Harry Wilson* – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. Isaac Lucas – Sunnybank
11. Henry Speight* – Bond University
12. James O’Connor – Brothers
13. Jordan Petaia – Wests
14. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Dane Zander** – Norths
18. Feao Fotuaika – GPS
19. Izack Rodda – Easts
20. Seru Uru** – Easts
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
23. Hunter Paisami** – Wests

*denotes Queensland debut
**denotes potential Queensland debut

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
1. Scott Sio
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Murray Douglas
6. Rob Valetini
7. Tom Cusack
8. Pete Samu
9. Joe Powell
10. Noah Lolesio*
11. Tom Wright
12. Irae Simone
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Solomone Kata*
15. Tom Banks

Replacements

16. Connal McInerney
17. Harry Lloyd*
18. James Slipper
19. Caderyn Neville^
20. Will Miller^
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Bayley Kuenzle*
23. Andy Muirhead

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Really like how the Reds advertise which clubs the players represent, nice touch

Feao Fotuaika as the reserve THP is interesting, not sure how much time he has had in that position. The Reds reserve props won't be covering much territory, both big lads, not exactly nimble.