• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Six Nations 2020

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ireland squad to face Scotland – Aviva Stadium, Saturday 1st February 2020, KO 16.45
15. Jordan Larmour (Leinster) 21 caps
14. Andrew Conway (Munster) 18 caps
13. Garry Ringrose (Leinster) 28 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht) 23 caps
11. Jacob Stockdale (Ulster) 25 caps
10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster) 88 caps (Captain)
9. Conor Murray (Munster) 78 caps
1. Cian Healy (Leinster) 95 caps
2. Rob Herring (Ulster) 8 caps
3. Tadhg Furlong (Leinster) 41 caps
4. Iain Henderson (Ulster) 53 caps
5. James Ryan (Leinster) 23 caps
6. CJ Stander (Munster) 38 caps
7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster) 23 caps
8. Caelan Doris (Leinster) Uncapped

Replacements:
16. Ronan Kelleher (Leinster) Uncapped
17. Dave Kilcoyne (Munster) 36 caps
18. Andrew Porter (Leinster) 23 caps
19. Devin Toner (Leinster) 67 caps
20. Peter O’Mahony (Munster) 64 caps
21. John Cooney (Ulster) 8 caps
22. Ross Byrne (Leinster) 3 caps
23. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster) 40 caps

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
May I just point out that England have already won this tournament and they have already won every tournament they have participated in history.

They just need to turn up as usual.

Quite amazing actually.

Sorry boys, you have no chance.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
May I just point out that England have already won this tournament and they have already won every tournament they have participated in history.

They just need to turn up as usual.

Quite amazing actually.

Sorry boys, you have no chance.

Have heard that before, no certainties ever in this tournament.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I was really hoping the Irish would give Cooney first crack at 9. Murray hasn't wowed me for a while and Cooney has been playing great for Ulster. Was hoping there would be more of a shift from the old guard.

It will be interesting to see if Farrell can get a different performance and type of game out of very similar cattle to Schmidts teams. Would love to see something a little more expansive and attacking like what Leinster have demostrated of late.

I'm also really keen to see how France do. So many of they U20's boys making their way into the team. They've been killing it in the Junior comps for awhile now, so it might be their time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Have heard that before, no certainties ever in this tournament.

Like the English fans at the RWC cup in the pool stages who told me that "they hope to meet SA in the final".

It's a done deal. You lot should know that by now. Untouchables vs Deplorables.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Ireland v Scotland 3.45 AEDT
Ireland: Jordan Larmour (Leinster); Andrew Conway (Munster), Garry Ringrose (Leinster), Bundee Aki (Connacht), Jacob Stockdale (Ulster); Johnny Sexton (Leinster, capt), Conor Murray (Munster); Cian Healy (Leinster), Rob Herring (Ulster), Tadhg Furlong (Leinster), Iain Henderson (Ulster), James Ryan (Leinster), CJ Stander (Munster), Josh van der Flier (Leinster), Caelan Doris (Leinster).
Replacements: Ronan Kelleher (Leinster), David Kilcoyne (Munster), Andrew Porter (Leinster), Devin Toner (Leinster), Peter O’Mahony (Munster), John Cooney (Ulster), Ross Byrne (Leinster), Robbie Henshaw (Leinster).
V
Scotland: Hogg (Exeter, capt); Maitland (Saracens), Jones (Glasgow), Johnson (Glasgow); Kinghorn (Edinburgh); Hastings (Glasgow), Price (Glasgow); Sutherland (Edinburgh), Brown (Glasgow), Fagerson (Glasgow); Cummings (Glasgow), Gray (Glasgow); Ritchie (Edinburgh), Watson (Edinburgh), Haining (Edinburgh).
Replacements: McInally (Edinburgh), Dell (London Irish), Berghan (Edinburgh), Toolis (Edinburgh), Du Preez (Worcester), Horne (Glasgow), Hutchinson (Northampton), Harris (Gloucester).

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wayne Pivac's Wales v Italy 1.15 AEDT
Wales: 15. Leigh Halfpenny (85 Caps), 14. Johnny McNicholl (*Uncapped), 13. George North (91 Caps), 12. Hadleigh Parkes (25 Caps), 11. Josh Adams (21 Caps), 10. Dan Biggar (79 Caps), 9. Tomos Williams (16 Caps), 1. Wyn Jones (22 Caps), 2. Ken Owens (73 Caps), 3. Dillon Lewis (22 Caps), 4. Jake Ball (42 Caps), 5. Alun Wyn Jones (C) (134 Caps), 6. Aaron Wainwright (18 Caps), 7. Justin Tipuric (72 Caps), 8. Taulupe Faletau (72 Caps)
Replacements: 16. Ryan Elias (9 Caps), 17. Rob Evans (36 Caps) 18. Leon Brown (6 Caps), 19. Cory Hill (24 Caps), 20. Ross Moriarty (41 Caps), 21. Rhys Webb (31 Caps), 22. Jarrod Evans (3 Caps), 23. Nick Tompkins (*Uncapped)​.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
And the French team to take on England in Paris, 2am Monday morning.

Bouthier; Thomas, Vakatawa, Fickou, Penaud; Ntamack, Dupont; Baille, Marchand, Haouas, Le Roux, Willemse, Cros, Ollivon (c), Alldritt.
Replacements: Mauvaka, Poirot, Bamba, Palu, Woki, Serin, Jalibert, Rattez.

Balls me, that is a great backline. No tainted surrender monkeys, just pure class & talent. Genuinely could beat the English if their forwards get going. Can't wait to see what Dupont & Ntamack can do with backs like Penaud, Vaka & Bouthier.

All aboard Le Train! (that means 'the train' in english for all you monolinguals playing at home).

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
The French are definitely the darkhorse in this years tournament.

I hope Hastings has a good game for Scotland with Finn out. Great player (Finn) but sounds like he's being a right muppet in this case.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France were a brainfart and a bad refereeing decision away from the RWC semi final last year.........

Just like Australia they have some quality young players coming through.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
France were a brainfart and a bad refereeing decision away from the RWC semi final last year...

Just like Australia they have some quality young players coming through.

It will be interesting to see how countries like England and Ireland start transistioning to the next gen of players. Pretty similar squads to the RWC for this 6 Nations for both of them.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
WALvITA
Tompkins had a good debut, and scored a try.
Addams scored a hat-trick of tries.
Tipuric was MotM.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
WALvITA
Chieka was on the BBC broadcast as a pundit and as a commentator.
What's he doing in the U.K.? Is he angling for a coaching position? The current H.C. of Italy is only an interim.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
15-George Furbank, 14-Jonny May, 13-Manu Tuilagi, 12-Owen Farrell (captain), 11-Elliot Daly, 10-George Ford, 9-Ben Youngs; 1-Joe Marler, 2-Jamie George, 3-Kyle Sinckler, 4-Maro Itoje, 5-Charlie Ewels, 6-Courtney Lawes, 7-Sam Underhill, 8-Tom Curry

Replacements: 16-Luke Cowan-Dickie, 17-Ellis Genge, 18-Will Stuart, 19-George Kruis, 20-Lewis Ludlam, 21-Willi Heinz, 22-Ollie Devoto, 23-Jonathan Joseph

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Well I feel my boys in green were lucky to get away with that win. Never really looked like scoring again after that first try. Scotland are going to be ruing those missed opportunities and one or two silly penalties. After that showing I'm convinced I'd rather see Cooney start. His passing was much sharper and some of Murray's box kicks were dire.

Wales just looked a step above Italy, besides that creaky scrum which will be a concern. Some nice flow to their game with that Bigger try assist one for the highlight reel. Really don't know what to say about Italy. You can see them trying but they just don't have the cattle to compare to the other teams.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
sacre bleu, c'est incroyable. Knew the French could do it. Is it wrong I take such delight in England losing - Eddie's face is just too much.

This French team will be world #2 within a matter of 12 months I reckon. Such incredibly talented young players who were all vital in the victory. There aren't enough superlatives for Antoine Dupont. Only 23 and already arguably the world's best #9 - what we'd do to have him in Gold. His passing is great, kicking is accurate, running game brilliant and he's a tenacious little fucker. Played the whole 80 and in the dying minutes laid on a monster hit to seal the game. Magnifique.

Then their new captain Charles Ollivon looks to be a keeper. Pretty much Hooper but better & calls the lineouts. He pilfered, ran the most metres of anyone on the pitch to score 2 tries and made 15/15 tackles. Pas mal.

And the person who actually got man of the match, Gregory Alldritt, a well rounded 8 who absolutely bossed his opposite, Tom Curry (out of position admittedly). Alldritt played well above his age of 22.

I could mention most of the French team for their defence, kept England scoreless in the first half but honourable mentions to the replacement tighthead Poirot, who came on and immediately made two pilfers.

Also gotta mention Johnny May who scored a brace in a losing side, fair knock.

Both Wales & Ireland must be feeling a lot more positive about taking out the cup now that the Six Nations is blown wide open.
I think France have to be favourites to win it from here but can't see the young guys going for the clean sweep, they'll lose one on the road to Wales or Ireland.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
^ nothing wrong with a bit of schadenfreude when it come to the poms!

I'll need to watch the Frog game, I'm hoping we can catch up to them over the next 4 years, they should be the template we follow, young, talented, hungry, skilled blokes with no baggage rather than old journeymen whom are invariably played out of position. The sooner we transition the better.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
^ nothing wrong with a bit of schadenfreude when it come to the poms!

I'll need to watch the Frog game, I'm hoping we can catch up to them over the next 4 years, they should be the template we follow, young, talented, hungry, skilled blokes with no baggage rather than old journeymen whom are invariably played out of position. The sooner we transition the better.

The exciting thing is they're running off their u20s success and arguably our u20s last year were the better team in the final. So, as you say if we manage our young talent well it could pay dividends.