• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1 2020: Crusaders v Waratahs

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I would be looking at starting HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at tight head or, if he's not fit, Talakai. I would also start Dempsey and have Swinton coming off the bench. I would swap both wingers for Clark and Maddocks, with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) coming off the bench. I fear he will attract a fair bit of traffic after a pretty insipid defensive performance last night.

Bailey needs to really work hard on the defence quickly (almost automatically) re-organising after a dropped ball or other broken play, we really looked lost when that happened last night.

TheNude

Peter Burge (5)
Will be interesting to see what they do this week as some changes need to be made without destroying the teams' confidence.

You need to find a way to have Maddocks in, Newsome may survive this week as I can't see Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) passing the concussion protocols after that fall last week. I'd probably be looking at ways to have Holloway and Dempsey start.

At this stage probably the only people with a lock on their position would be Hunt and Hooper.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I would be looking at starting HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) at tight head or, if he's not fit, Talakai. I would also start Dempsey and have Swinton coming off the bench. I would swap both wingers for Clark and Maddocks, with Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) coming off the bench. I fear he will attract a fair bit of traffic after a pretty insipid defensive performance last night.

Saturday night Dempsey started (not that you'd know it, he was unseen all night). Swinton occasionally looked like he was having a go even if it wasn't very effective. Once upon a time when Dempsey burst onto the test scene he had more aggro than McMahon at his peak. Sadly, it was only one test. Right now Dempsey would not make the 23 at any NZ franchise. Dempsey is part of the problem and I doubt he is any part of the solution.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Disagree re Dempsey Hawko, I thought he was one of very few effective forwards for the Tahs. Got over the gain line a few times, made plenty of tackles, was a pest at the breakdown and had some good lineout wins.