• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
I can’t work out if you’re a real account or not.

You keep talking about who knows what, but you are not offering any names or examples.

Are you talking about young kids in the development pathway now? Ie not professionals?

Wow. Head in the sand syndrome much

Simple question was Harry born in nsw?? Then move onto Rodda and Campbell. Before we start withSouth Africa. Ray Pasitoa qld or do his parents live in WA.
Like I said all good but don’t re write the facts.

B

Bobby Sands

Wow. Head in the sand syndrome much

Simple question was Harry born in nsw?? Then move onto Rodda and Campbell. Before we start withSouth Africa. Ray Pasitoa qld or do his parents live in WA.
Like I said all good but don’t re write the facts.

As I’ve outlined I think the rugby institutions up here which support the whole Australian system are doing a great job.

I find you hilarious that you think where players are born shapes their rugby identity.

Especially when they move to QLD for non sporting reasons as children.

As an example Will Harris was born in North QLD, but played his rugby in NSW - they developed him.

Let’s end this here, it’s clearly going nowhere productive.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
So...

is LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) too good at holding down the scrum to be moved to Blindside? Did ASY (Angus Scott-Young) do enough work to keep LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) from moving to blind side?

Does the return of hockings OUTWEIGH LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) holding down the scrum or ASY (Angus Scott-Young)'s work rate?

4. Rodda 5. Hockings
6. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) 8. Wilson 7. Wright

or

4. Rodda 5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. ASY (Angus Scott-Young) 8. Wilson 7. Wright

If Hockings does not start, does Blyth in fact offer a bit more robust impact from a 'finisher' perspective?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I would leave the back 5 as it is. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) has been very good in the row & ASY (Angus Scott-Young) good at 6.

Bring Hockings back via the bench. Fully fit I’d pick him over Blyth - but in this instance it might be worth holding him back given Blyth has match fitness.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think for this season, unless we have a number of injuries LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will need to be playing in the Row, if anything it'll be McReight/Wilson moving over to 6 to make way for the other (McReight the more likely to play 6 IMO), it'll depend on who's got better control of the ball at the back of the scrum (especially after JP gave Wilson a serve for not keeping it in!). We have so many good young options in the back row I don't see there being any way LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) plays 6 this year and honestly, I think he only really played 6 last year to get him in the Wallabies squad, but I love the versatility he brings to the table, I don't hate the idea of moving him to the bench if we decide to go with a 4/4 split. Both Blyth and Hockings are capable Super Rugby locks too.

IMO the pecking order for backrowers is something like this: Liam Wright, Harry Wilson, Fraser McReight, Angus Scott-Young, Seru Uru, Tom Kibble. But EVEN Kibbel is a quality backrower who would probably make the XV for a few other Super Rugby Clubs.

B

Bobby Sands

LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is so much better at lock, ASY (Angus Scott-Young) is very good for the back row at the moment. The pack are going beautifully.

When is Hoopert back?

Also has it been mentioned that we signed Ed Craig?

Reactions: dru

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
What a joke. Another Hooker from the Shute Shield

Is there not a option out in QPR?

The Reds recruiters have done pretty well gathering front row stocks from QPR talent, judging by some of the comments on this forum they have even been too generous with their contracts (read all the shit Zander has been copping). We have a fairly green front row contingent outside of JP and TT at the moment.

My understanding is Craig played Aus 20s and has about 4 years of first grade experience under his belt in the Shute Shield. I don't really have a problem with his signing.

B

Bobby Sands

Did BPA not work out for you? Craig has a lot of experience in club and NRC and played Oz under 20s so is no slouch. Ive been surprised he hasn't had a go with the Tahs.

Craig looks bloody good on paper, and I’ve spoke about the annoyance of losing Efi, but I assume they must think Faessler is too green.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Did BPA not work out for you? Craig has a lot of experience in club and NRC and played Oz under 20s so is no slouch. Ive been surprised he hasn't had a go with the Tahs.

BPA is a great talent.

However... I’d rather keep talent developed in Queensland in Queensland.

Why did the Tahs not sign Ed Craig when they stole Joe Cotton from Queensland?