• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 3: Jaguares v Reds - Buenos Aires Sunday Feb 16 10:00am AEDT

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I just went to the Reds webpage, https://reds.rugby/ to see whats happening with the boys over in Argentina.
I mean, this is the Reds web page , right. You'd assume that at least snip-its of information would be coming back to the fans to keep us Geed up.
But not a bloody word. What do those administrators do out Ballymore way. Work out where to buy the best latte macchiatos?
Or a trip to the car yard to test drive the latest Lexus?
Come on fellas, earn your keep and make the site a bit more proactive rather then pinching the media stories.

When they are OS the Reds actually provide all the footage and interviews to the media outlets.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well, the Reds won there last year. But alas, I'm expecting the dirty fry up that I eat before the game will be the pinnacle of my Sunday morning.

There is every indication that the Jaguares are a better team this year. But so too the Reds.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
I just went to the Reds webpage, https://reds.rugby/ to see whats happening with the boys over in Argentina.
I mean, this is the Reds web page , right. You'd assume that at least snip-its of information would be coming back to the fans to keep us Geed up.
But not a bloody word. What do those administrators do out Ballymore way. Work out where to buy the best latte macchiatos?
Come on fellas, earn your keep and make the site a bit more proactive rather then pinching the media stories.

$850k Operating Profit suggests that fiscal austerity has been stringently applied.

Alas , no fluff pieces from the road

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
These stats from Sportsbet (attached) are particularly interesting, in terms of likelihood of winning after half time score is known.

It's a very small sample size.

For the Reds, they've won one of their last five games and in that game they were trailing at half time. They've only led once at half time and they lost that game.

The Jaguares have won three of their last five. They were leading in three of the five games and won two of them and were trailing at half time in two games and managed to win one of them.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Referee:
Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
Assistant referees: Pablo Deluca (Argentina), Martin Cordoba (Argentina)
Television match official: Santiago Borsani (Argentina)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

There socials are full of it. Try Insta and facebook.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Rugby.com.au is the ‘news’ site for Australian rugby now, that’s where the media release type snippets and article are released through, and subsequently media packs sent to the media.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
There socials are full of it. Try Insta and facebook.

The trouble with Insta & Facebook is it has no reliability. It is often just opinion and otherwise lacks credibility, which in fact is the major problem of social media.
Why Sully, even you could be inputting as a creditable source from your favorite bar stool;)

No, the Reds web site should provide more info into the team's progress while they are away.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The trouble with Insta & Facebook is it has no reliability. It is often just opinion and otherwise lacks credibility, which in fact is the major problem of social media.
Why Sully, even you could be inputting as a creditable source from your favorite bar stool;)

No, the Reds web site should provide more info into the team's progress while they are away.

I don’t understand, the content that would be released on their website is what currently been producers on their social media. The content won’t change, just the medium for sharing it? How does that effect the reliability or credibility of it?

I think you’ll find their social media accounts have far more daily views then the actual website itself.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A lot of deck chairs being shuffled.

1. JP Smith – GPS
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Izack Rodda – Easts
5. Angus Blyth – Bond University
6. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto - Souths
7. Liam Wright © – Easts
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers
11. Henry Speight – Bond University
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland

16. Sean Farrell* – Souths
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – Bond University
20. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
21. Moses Sorovi – Wests
22. Isaac Lucas - Sunnybank
23. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Jordan Petaia has been ruled-out after suffering a shoulder injury during Wednesday’s training session and will be further assessed in Brisbane.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
EQsPe11WkAEjce9

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
we haven't exactly strengthened our kicking game. I feel less confident about this team than previous weeks

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
What exactly has CFS done to leapfrog into the starting team? I can see us easily being pinned in our own half for this game with a back three who can't kick.