• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Can we come back to the $900k operating profit the QRU posted, that’s pretty impressive. Probably the largest of any OZ super rugby team in a number of years. Sounds like the new SANTOS sponsorship is pretty lucrative.

As far as the Ballymore $850k depreciation goes, not really a concern if the new development gets up and running, still waiting on the QLD Govt to come to the party on that one.

Also on Ballymore, earlier this week the previously approved DA was extended until Aug 2022, whilst still 2 years less then what they sought it’s still a big win, essentially that’s now the window for construction. It’s far easier to amend a DA of that scale then to start from scratch. Especially since the original DA was quite large and extensive.

Next step we will either see QLD Govt funding or DA amendments with what the new plans look like..

As the Queensland govt is currently spending more than it is earning, and prefers the Suncorp environment, I would say the second option is the more likely

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
UQ Colts v Brothers Colts curtain raiser before the first Reds' home game of the season Sat 22nd of Feb 4.10pm kick off.

Hopefully the bars are open early.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Hegarty being benched is certainly head scratching.

Could CFS not play 13, Keep JOC (James O'Connor) Campbell on the wing and Hegarty as our reliable goal kicker?

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Hunter deserves to start over CFS. So with Jordan busted, just move Hunter into 13, CFS to 23 and keep the same team as last week.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
How many minutes did Nasser play last weekend. He got a card pretty much as soon as he came on. I don't remember him coming back on?

J

JeepsTragic

How many minutes did Nasser play last weekend. He got a card pretty much as soon as he came on. I don't remember him coming back on?

He got worked in his first scrum. Really worked. He needs some time back in club rugby to learn his trade. He could not hold up the Jeeps scrum last year so its no surprise that he cant do it at Super XV. But he is still very young for a prop at that level and will no doubt improve but right now he is not there.

Garry Owens

Alan Cameron (40)
If you look at any Pro Team in any Sport or League around the World , irrespective of how they have been built - whether it is draft , or in the absence of draft , just in development from within their own pathway -farm system ........90% of the time, a predominate reliance on a youth group has never worked.

Not trying to piss in anyone's cheerios but the simple fact is we are not balanced enough . But hey it's been cost appropriate when Reds have been losing money hand over fist until this year while a message of hope is sold to invest in the journey of youth as the P and L sheet switches color from red to black.

I honestly would like to see the Reds hit over 6 wins this year but I can't see it . Year 3 of re-boot and no further along from where we were if this ends up being the case.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I put it out there what people would think would happen when Hockings came back, either ditch blyth or ASY (Angus Scott-Young), and it seems it's ASY (Angus Scott-Young)

Let's see how this goes!